Author Topic: Not Even Migrants Want to Live in America’s Dying Cities  (Read 200 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Not Even Migrants Want to Live in America’s Dying Cities
« on: November 18, 2023, 02:16:21 pm »
Not Even Migrants Want to Live in America’s Dying Cities
Commentary
November 16, 2023

By Brian Lonergan

How bad has life become in a now-borderless America? So bad that now many of those fleeing the poverty-stricken Third World are choosing to return to their homelands, seeing the United States as the worse option.

That was the takeaway from a recent Chicago Tribune account of the situation in the Windy City, which has been overrun with migrants as a result of the city’s misguided embrace of sanctuary policies, combined with the Biden White House’s dissolution of border security, and general urban decay.

Venezuelan migrants, for example, now say they are disgusted by Chicago’s lack of shelter facilities, their inability to secure jobs in the city, and long wait times for being granted asylum.

“The American Dream doesn’t exist anymore,” Venezuelan national Michael Castejon, 39, told the Tribune. “There’s nothing here for us. We just want to be home … If we’re going to be sleeping in the streets here, we’d rather be sleeping in the streets over there.”

https://irli.org/not-even-migrants-want-to-live-in-americas-dying-cities/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Not Even Migrants Want to Live in America’s Dying Cities
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 02:17:40 pm »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson