Author Topic: Ken Buck predicts Republicans would impeach a felon Trump if elected in 2024  (Read 148 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ken Buck predicts Republicans would impeach a felon Trump if elected in 2024
by Jack Birle, Breaking News Reporter
November 17, 2023 04:56 PM

Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) believes that if former President Donald Trump is convicted of one or more of the felony charges he faces and is elected back to the White House, an impeachment would begin immediately, with Republican senators voting to convict.

Buck made the prediction on CNN International's State of the Race on Friday, saying he hopes "the primary voters take that into account" when selecting a Republican presidential nominee in 2024.

"Well, here's the real issue from my perspective, and that is that impeachment requires a high crime or misdemeanor. If Donald Trump is a convicted felon, the day he shows up to Congress, you can imagine the impeachment — legitimate impeachment inquiries and motions that are going to be made," Buck said. "And so I think it's a real problem having someone that has ... and the impeachment, the crimes aren't just crimes that have nothing to do with politics or his presidency. They are integrally involved with how he operated the White House and what he did after he lost an election."

"I think that is really a cause for concern. I think the Republican Party and I hope the primary voters take that into account. I don't know that the party can take action as much as the voters can take action," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/ken-buck-republicans-impeach-felon-president-trump-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34