Author Topic: BREAKING: Chip Roy's EPIC House Floor Speech IGNITES Controversy  (Read 1148 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Powerful speech from Chip Roy. About an hour long. If you have the time I recommend this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8jY8GJJJa4&t=0s
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 10:21:24 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: BREAKING: Chip Roy's EPIC House Floor Speech IGNITES Controversy
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 12:34:05 am »
Powerful speech from Chip Roy. About an hour long. If you have the time I recommend this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8jY8GJJJa4&t=0s

This is a must watch! I highly recommend this!

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 01:29:42 am »
He's right. But there are few that are willing to stand with him.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:18:23 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 02:20:09 am »
Thank you, Texas, for this gem of a man!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 02:33:52 am »
Wow!!! What a powerful speech and this speech needs to be heard by ALL of the GOP voting base. I don't know how that could be accomplished, but it is so much in need. He is right; no more excuses - enough is enough!!! His colleagues need to take note and stand with him.  If they did, I think we'd see an overwhelming conservative victory, time and time again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 02:59:32 am »
All anyone can do is give speeches unless we can overcome the cheating in elections and start jailing Everyone who betrayed this country!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 03:05:10 am »
All anyone can do is give speeches unless we can overcome the cheating in elections and start jailing Everyone who betrayed this country!

@mrclose

You misspelled the word "Executing".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 03:45:32 am »
I don't have an hour right now, but would like to come back to this later. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 04:44:42 am »
What controversy did it ignite?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 01:19:20 pm »
Sorry, I don't have time to hear people bitch and moan constantly.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2023, 01:32:05 pm »
Tough talk is cheap until we start seeing action.  Sorry I am jaded, but every single turd in DC is complict is this disaster.  Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and their Swampy henchmen.

Yeah, I don't disagree with Roy's assesment, but i can spot Kabuki theatre a mile away.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:44:31 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2023, 06:48:18 pm »
Tough talk is cheap until we start seeing action.  Sorry I am jaded, but every single turd in DC is complict is this disaster.  Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and their Swampy henchmen.

Yeah, I don't disagree with Roy's assesment, but i can spot Kabuki theatre a mile away.

He did give a very heartfelt and powerful speech -- either the GOP comes together and stops the liberal stranglehold that they have or we lose our Republic.

Talk is cheap.  I agree.  The ONLY conservative that I know of that is actually doing something and I believe will continue to do something to turn our country around is Ron DeSantis. He has a proven track record. I pray that people start paying attention and realize that we are headed for our Republic crumbling if we don't seat a true conservative.  That's the bottom line.

DeSantis - Roy '24???  :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2023, 06:58:29 pm »

Sadly, the courage and action mostly resides with the Governors these days.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2023, 07:14:00 pm »
Give Iran's $6 billion in Qatar to Israel.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2023, 07:23:51 pm »

Conservatives are never going to win from the top down and that is why it is more important to seat as many conservative governors, state legislatures, mayors, sheriffs, school board members, supervisor of elections, etc.

So far IMO DeSantis is the only conservative candidate running.  If he is not the nominee, I will just vote down ballot for as many conservatives as I can.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2023, 07:24:03 pm »

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2023, 07:31:03 pm »
Talk is cheap.  Let's talk about Roy's voting record....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2023, 08:11:22 pm »
It has to be at the State level for now, because there is not the sense of unity or mission, even among the Congressional GOP to carry legislation through. It isn't that they have not had the majority, and even the White House, it is just that too many defect to the other side to accomplish what is needed to rein in spending and put the downhill slide to a halt.
At best, and this is the least needed, the Congress can and must stop the Federal level takeover, through regulation and rules and honest legislation that is currently undercutting the sovereign power of the States. The Federal Leviathan was never intended to do much of what it does, and the States need to not only retain the power they have, but to take back power usurped.
Those battles will happen in the State Legislatures, Governor's Offices, and the courts, until the GOP can get its act together at the Federal Level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2023, 08:50:37 pm »
Conservatives are never going to win from the top down and that is why it is more important to seat as many conservative governors, state legislatures, mayors, sheriffs, school board members, supervisor of elections, etc.

Could not agree more. The GOP has lost sight of the old 'farm team' model.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2023, 10:17:25 pm »
He did give a very heartfelt and powerful speech -- either the GOP comes together and stops the liberal stranglehold that they have or we lose our Republic.

Talk is cheap.  I agree. The ONLY conservative that I know of that is actually doing something and I believe will continue to do something to turn our country around is Ron DeSantis. He has a proven track record. I pray that people start paying attention and realize that we are headed for our Republic crumbling if we don't seat a true conservative.  That's the bottom line.

DeSantis - Roy '24???  :patriot:

ROFLAMO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2023, 10:19:44 pm »

@DefiantMassRINO

Or,better yet,use it to pay down the deficit.

Yea,I DO have a great deal of sympathy for Israel,but America has her own problems too,and it SHOULD be incumbent on American politicians to follow an  "American First!" spending policy.