Author Topic: On the Moral Rehabilitation of Gaza  (Read 524 times)

Online corbe

On the Moral Rehabilitation of Gaza
« on: November 17, 2023, 05:00:23 pm »
On the Moral Rehabilitation of Gaza

Moral lessons from World War II.

November 17, 2023 by Jason D. Hill

As the war between Israel and Gaza rages on, some inevitable questions must be raised. If Hamas, an indisputable rogue organization that governs a region which exists more like a plot of land in a state of nature than as a civilized geographic entity, is not totally obliterated (which, with sentimental calls for ceasefires and daily pauses in aerial bombings and ground incursions on Israel’s part, seems unlikely), then can Hamas be politically rehabilitated? What would such rehabilitation look like? Or should we be thinking of more robust and radical solutions such as global incarceration whereby a country is evicted from the community of nations and radically contained militarily?

The most draconian form of global incarceration of a state or region is the permanent disbandment of a state into regional disembodiments, sedimentary fragments chiseled into the mortar bodies of larger states with no chance of it ever recovering its political solvency. It is the absolute disappearance of a state without necessarily terminating the lives of its former citizens. It includes but is not limited to the deracination of its political culture, the destruction of its political institutions and its mores, customs, and norms. Radical assimilation and/or extreme containment are the political concomitants and the direct corollaries of this mandate. Global incarceration of a state or region is the death of its political life and its capacity to generate and regenerate life as it was once capable of doing. An incarcerated state or region is not just a neutralized state – it is a neutered state.

On the slim chance that a heavily compromised, Hamas-governed Gaza exists, what might it look like, and how would it come about?

Here it might be helpful to look to history for political and moral guidance. Japan and Germany in World War II were countries that went through political rehabilitation and, with the aid of the United States, had their entire identities reconstituted. In the case of Japan, a heavily influenced U.S Constitution was foisted on it with great success, albeit via warfare. Sometimes rehabilitation requires war. Sometimes it requires firm diplomacy, or economic sanctions, or military intervention, or absolute regime change. What is essential about rehabilitation in the political sense is that there is adaptation to a code of normative behavior to which the rogue state must adhere. The rogue entity adapts to the norms of a civilizational order.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/on-the-moral-rehabilitation-of-gaza/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: On the Moral Rehabilitation of Gaza
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 05:30:07 pm »
If Gazans reject Hamas and Islamic Jihad, a Marshall Plan for Gaza should be on the table.  Without a better future to look forward to, the cycle of poverty, ignorance, and hatred will continue.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 08:46:22 pm »
Can Hamas be politically rehabilitated? Sure...look how well it worked with the Taliban.

Sarcasm aside, I really don't know what the answer is. There may not be one.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 10:33:39 pm »
If Gazans reject Hamas and Islamic Jihad, a Marshall Plan for Gaza should be on the table.  Without a better future to look forward to, the cycle of poverty, ignorance, and hatred will continue.

Agree with this @DefiantMassRINO

But, would there still need to be a governing body?  If so, who?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 11:21:22 pm »
RINO huffs self-assuredly:
"If Gazans reject Hamas and Islamic Jihad, a Marshall Plan for Gaza should be on the table.  Without a better future to look forward to, the cycle of poverty, ignorance, and hatred will continue"

Huh?
Something like 80-90% of the gazans WANT and SUPPORT hamas. Poll out about that in the last day or two. The first thing they'll do when offered a "free election" is to reinstall hamas to power.

The only "plan" for gaza, if Israel wants a secure future, is to annex it back into the nation of Israel.

Then, "resettle" the gazan population somewhere else -- all two million or so of them.

It needs to be a muslim country that is "several international borders away" from Israel. I'm thinking Afghanistan, Somalia, perhaps North Africa somewhere.

Let the gazans fight with the Somalians. That country doesn't have much of a functioning government, they'd fit right in.

And send the muslims from the West Bank along with them.
That, too, is now a part of Israel, forever and indivisible.

How does that hit ya?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 01:16:38 am »
Huh?
Something like 80-90% of the gazans WANT and SUPPORT hamas. Poll out about that in the last day or two.

Except it's never been true. 

For the record, Hamas received 44% of the vote in 2006 and formed a coalition government with the runner up political party, Fatah, who received 42% pf the vote. Hamas quickly tore up the coalition agreement and took total control of the government.  Gazan Prime Minister Haniyye announced in September 2012 the formation of a second Hamas government, without elections.

No election has been held in Gaza since 2006.

And, I'm not sure how credible a poll from two days ago showing overwhelming support for Hamas is ----- especially since Israel has told us Gazans are being used as human shields by Hamas.  It could well be wanting to live to see tomorrow just might be influencing this results.  888blackhat

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 01:20:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 04:09:23 am »
RINO huffs self-assuredly:
"If Gazans reject Hamas and Islamic Jihad, a Marshall Plan for Gaza should be on the table.  Without a better future to look forward to, the cycle of poverty, ignorance, and hatred will continue"

Huh?
Something like 80-90% of the gazans WANT and SUPPORT hamas. Poll out about that in the last day or two. The first thing they'll do when offered a "free election" is to reinstall hamas to power.

The only "plan" for gaza, if Israel wants a secure future, is to annex it back into the nation of Israel.

Then, "resettle" the gazan population somewhere else -- all two million or so of them.

It needs to be a muslim country that is "several international borders away" from Israel. I'm thinking Afghanistan, Somalia, perhaps North Africa somewhere.

Let the gazans fight with the Somalians. That country doesn't have much of a functioning government, they'd fit right in.

And send the muslims from the West Bank along with them.
That, too, is now a part of Israel, forever and indivisible.

How does that hit ya?
"Something like 80-90% of the gazans WANT and SUPPORT hamas. Poll out about that in the last day or tw"

Yes, I've gotten into arguments with libs on different forums who claim that most Gazans don't like Hamas. I answer back with the polls that show overwhelming support for Hamas by Gazan civilians.
I don't think that any group of people on the face of the Earth is a hopeless case. But the homicidal maniacs that compose much of the population of the Mideast might make me rethink that.
Whatever happens, Israel can't let these maniacs live next to them anymore.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 06:12:39 pm »
DefiantMassRINO...

And how exactly would Gazans reject HAMAS?  That will never happen.

A Marshall Plan for Gaza?  Are you out of your f***ing mind?

It is HAMAS and not Israel that has kept the people of Gaza in poverty.  They spend money on rockets and weapons and almost nothing on infrastructure.  Their leaders are billionaires living in Qatar.  They had elections in 2005 and not since.  The USA should not contribute one dime to the rebuilding of Gaza. 

You cannot remove the strips from a tiger, the mane from a lion or the spots from a jaguar.  They are what they are.  And so too are the Palestinians.  They are a genocidal group of people that NO ONE wants in their country.  NO ONE!!!!

They chose to reject the two nation state terms of the Balfour Agreement and vow the total destruction of Israel.  That said, I vote for the total destruction of Gaza.  Tear every building down, and leave it in ruins for 100 years, and then revisit the topic.  Let it stand, pun intended, as a reminder as East Berlin did as a reminder of what happens when evil pervades.

And the Palestinians are an evil group of people, not worthy of any assistance.  As long as they have the destruction of Israel and the death of every Jew as part of their Charter/Constitution, I say Israel has every right to kill every last one of them.  To do otherwise is just plain dumb.

What do you think the USA would do if 1,400 Americans were killed in their homes?  Answer that and you know what needs to be done to these people. 

:yowsa: 22222frying pan :yowsa: 22222frying pan

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2023, 06:15:06 pm »
And how exactly would Gazans reject HAMAS?  That will never happen.

A Marshall Plan for Gaza?  Are you out of your f***ing mind?

It is HAMAS and not Israel that has kept the people of Gaza in poverty.  They spend money on rockets and weapons and almost nothing on infrastructure.  Their leaders are billionaires living in Qatar.  They had elections in 2005 and not since.  The USA should not contribute one dime to the rebuilding of Gaza. 

You cannot remove the strips from a tiger, the mane from a lion or the spots from a jaguar.  They are what they are.  And so too are the Palestinians.  They are a genocidal group of people that NO ONE wants in their country.  NO ONE!!!!

They chose to reject the two nation state terms of the Balfour Agreement and vow the total destruction of Israel.  That said, I vote for the total destruction of Gaza.  Tear every building down, and leave it in ruins for 100 years, and then revisit the topic.  Let it stand, pun intended, as a reminder as East Berlin did as a reminder of what happens when evil pervades.

And the Palestinians are an evil group of people, not worthy of any assistance.  As long as they have the destruction of Israel and the death of every Jew as part of their Charter/Constitution, I say Israel has every right to kill every last one of them.  To do otherwise is just plain dumb.

What do you think the USA would do if 1,400 Americans were killed in their homes?  Answer that and you know what needs to be done to these people. 

:yowsa: 22222frying pan :yowsa: 22222frying pan

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley