Author Topic: Navy commander: Only top-level resignations can restore trust in US military leadership  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy commander: Only top-level resignations can restore trust in US military leadership
The American people will not trust the Department of Defense with their sons and daughters until they see leaders being held accountable.

Robert A. Green Jr.

Thu Nov 9, 2023 - 1:42 pm EST

(LifeSiteNews) — With U.S. military readiness already in dire straits, the gapped personnel positions on operational Navy ships have leapt from 7,000 during the middle of the COVID-19 outbreak to over 20,000 in October of this year. This severe and ever-deteriorating impact to readiness will only accelerate as the Navy missed its 2023 recruiting targets by over 10,000 recruits across all accession programs. The Navy even initiated a new program called “Every Sailor is a Recruiter” to help jumpstart recruiting. Needless to say, this program, established in 2022, has not been very effective. The other services face similar untenable situations.

Leadership has been desperate to bolster recruiting efforts even while official policy continues to push resources towards ever smaller segments of the population, such as those who identify as something other than how they were born and those who live alternate lifestyles. DoD leaders have shamelessly abandoned the groups that historically made up the bulk of military recruits, namely young conservative men and women from middle-class and patriotic American families.

This betrayal should come as no surprise on the heels of some of the most tragic and devastating embarrassments ever endured by our military. More than 7,000 service members paid with their lives for a so-called global war on terror with no strategic objectives or victory criteria. The poorly planned withdrawal from Afghanistan cost the lives of 13 service members and left our adversaries with over $7 billion worth of our military equipment.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/navy-commander-top-level-resignations-trust-us-military/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson