Author Topic: Navy warship wasn’t targeted by drone it shot down, Pentagon says  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy warship wasn’t targeted by drone it shot down, Pentagon says
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Nov 16, 04:46 PM

An airborne drone launched from Yemen and shot down by the Navy destroyer Thomas Hudner in the Red Sea Wednesday was not targeting the warship, Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh told reporters Thursday.

A Defense Department assessment concluded that while the Hudner was not the drone’s intended target, it “got so close to the crew that the commander did feel it necessary to engage and shoot down the drone,” Singh said.

She declined to comment on how close the drone came to the ship, or which weapons Hudner used to down it.

Thomas Hudner was traveling in international waters Wednesday when it fired on the drone in self-defense, according to a brief Pentagon statement.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/11/16/navy-warship-wasnt-targeted-by-drone-it-shot-down-pentagon-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy warship wasn’t targeted by drone it shot down, Pentagon says
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 03:40:33 pm »
Of course it wasn't targeting the ship!  It was a nice day, and it was just flying around enjoying the weather! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson