Author Topic: Move Over Meetings — Convention Centers May Shelter Migrants  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Move Over Meetings — Convention Centers May Shelter Migrants
« on: November 17, 2023, 02:50:05 pm »
Move Over Meetings — Convention Centers May Shelter Migrants
Andrea Doyle

Today at 6:38 AM EST

Hospitals, vaccination sites, now overflow shelter sites. That is a possibility for some convention centers as cities struggle to provide housing for incoming migrants and asylum seekers.

Talks are underway about using the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, overseen by the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, as an overflow shelter for migrant families.

As Massachusetts’s shelter system nears capacity, the center is among the locations being considered for temporary housing for these displaced families, according to The Boston Globe.

Boston’s situation is complicated as Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey instituted a cap on emergency shelter slots. It took effect last week when the state crossed Healey’s limit of 7,500 families in emergency shelters.

Hynes is not Boston’s primary gathering site. The newer Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) is significantly larger. Hynes has 176,480 square feet of exhibition space, including the Hynes Auditorium, which seats more than 4,000 people. The BCEC, the other hand, is approximately 2.1 million square feet and is located on a 60-acre site. This makes using the Hynes for housing a bit more palpable.

https://meetings.skift.com/move-over-meetings-convention-centers-may-shelter-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Move Over Meetings — Convention Centers May Shelter Migrants
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 02:59:09 pm »
Lovely, just what we need. A bunch of ILLEGALS cramming our hospitals so legal Americans can't get the help that they need!

Let's just keep allowing them to keep rolling in and destroying our country!!!

It will eventually get to the point, where we are going to have to make a choice of how to deal with this invasion -- our infrastructure will collapse. We cannot sustain the impact that ILLEGALS are having on our society. We will face total mayhem in much of our country; a straw is eventually going to break the camel's back.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Move Over Meetings — Convention Centers May Shelter Migrants
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 09:14:00 pm »
If convention centers harbor migrants (illegals), I will bet it will be a long time before they have another convention. With the damage done to hotels in New York, it is unlikely those facilities will be in any shape to host a convention any time soon, if ever again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis