Author Topic: Christie says Trump will be convicted in slew of legal battles: ‘It’s over’  (Read 910 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't usually side with Christie, but on this one, I believe he's absolutely correct. It was over before it started IMHO.

Christie says Trump will be convicted in slew of legal battles: ‘It’s over’

Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie predicted Tuesday morning that former President Trump will be convicted in one of his legal cases, claiming “it’s over” for Trump.

His suggestion comes a week after former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows was granted an immunity deal in the case.

“This is a guy who was Velcro to Trump’s hip for the entire 2020 campaign and all the post-campaign nonsense,” Christie said of Meadows in an MSNBC interview. “And so this is deadly, it’s done. He’s going to be convicted. … It’s over.”

“I want Republican voters to understand this — what’s going to be happening in March? He’s going to be sitting in a courtroom in Washington, D.C., with Mark Meadows 20 feet away from him, saying, ‘He committed crimes in front of me on my watch,'” the former New Jersey governor added during an appearance on “Morning Joe.”............

Trump was charged by federal prosecutors in August over his alleged attempts to remain in power after losing the 2020 election. While Meadows was not charged in Justice Department special counsel Jack Smith’s case, he was charged alongside Trump and 17 others in Georgia over an alleged scheme to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in the state.

Meadows agreed to an immunity deal with Smith in order to testify before a grand jury in the election interference case in Washington, D.C., ABC News first reported last week. The outlet said he spoke before the grand jury in the case on at least three separate occasions.

Christie — who previously served as a federal prosector — said he does not think Trump can delay his legal battles, despite his presidential campaign.

“I don’t have the impression that this district court judge in Washington is amenable to delay,” Christie said, adding that he thinks Smith purposely only indicted Trump in the Jan. 6 case.

“She has not given much at this point into the defense claims for delay, and I think that’s why Jack Smith indicted this case with just Trump, right? Because you don’t have multiple defendants. … This is it,” he said, speaking of Judge Tanya Chutkan.

“He has six unindicted co-conspirators, not because he doesn’t think they committed crimes, but because he learned from the documents case,” Christie said, in reference to Trump’s separate federal charges in Florida over his alleged mishandling of classified documents after he left the White House.

Last week, Christie said Trump should be “desperately worried” following Meadows’s immunity deal, which he appears to oppose.

“You don’t give Mark Meadows immunity,” the former governor said, “unless the evidence he has is unimpeachable.”...........

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4285008-christie-trump-conviction-legal-battles/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,Christie DOES seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to "it being over".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Christie predicts Trump will be a ‘felon’ by the spring
by Sarah Fortinsky - 11/16/23 1:14 PM ET

2024 GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie predicted former President Trump will be a convicted felon by spring 2024.

In an interview Thursday on CNN’s “The Lead” with Jake Tapper, Christie suggested America’s founding fathers would never had predicted a convicted felon could run for the presidency. If they had, Christie argued, they would have specifically banned felons from the presidency.

In a discussion about Trump’s top two GOP rivals — former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — Christie recalled a question posed by moderators in the first debate.

“Remember, both of them raised their hand on the stage in the first debate and said they would support [Trump] even if he’s a convicted felon. George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin are rolling in their graves,” Christie said.

“If they knew that anyone would have had the audacity, as a felon — which Donald Trump will be, come this spring — to run for president, and that other people running for the office would be willing to support someone like that, they would have added, ‘You can’t be a convicted felon,’ to ‘age 35’ and ‘natural-born American citizen,’ as requirements for the presidency.”

more
https://thehill.com/elections/4313257-christie-trump-felon-spring/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Christie predicts Trump will be a ‘felon’ by the spring"

hey, hey, hey, Chris...
You'll still be fat as a "melon" all year long...!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think Christie is correct on this -- Trump isn't going to walk away from all of his felony charges.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 12:55:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mountaineer

Some online opinionating:
Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
Trump will be in prison (or confined to his home) by 2024. You don’t think so because you’re in love and love gives you blinders. You don’t have any idea what kind of country you live in now.
2024 will be extra brutal for you because you’re gonna find out.
10:16 PM · Nov 15, 2023

Mark Dice
@MarkDice
Trump may still likely be the nominee, and win the election despite the looming convictions.  The issue nobody has addressed is if the courts expedite his sentencing and reject his appeals, then despite his victory (assuming that outcome in this scenario), they'll prevent him from being sworn in so he can't pardon himself or assume power cuz he'll be on house arrest or confined to a military base somewhere.  What happens to the country then if they deny the rightful winner the opportunity to be sworn in?  All possible outcomes lead to utter chaos.
10:24 PM · Nov 15, 2023

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Yep
I think home confinement because of the non-violent nature of the offenses, his being a former POTUS, and the logistical nightmare for USSS.
But make no mistake, the regime will secure their convictions.
1:28 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Adam B
@acburkhart
And if Ron is the nominee, are we to believe that the Democrats would not throw a bunch of phony indictments at him too?
2:01 PM · Nov 16, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Spring for his criminal trials sounds too optimistic.  The Trump defense team will delay delay delay, and upon conviction appeal.

Trump is a creature who does not adhere to mortal sensibilities.  He is an animal spirit acting upon exceptional media instinct.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Some online opinionating:

I'd bet my house that if he wins the election, the Supreme Court would order his release so that he could be inaugurated and assume office, and he couldn't be re-imprisoned until he was no longer President.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'd bet my house that if he wins the election, the Supreme Court would order his release so that he could be inaugurated and assume office, and he couldn't be re-imprisoned until he was no longer President.
You left out, and resign with one day left, if/when the democrats win the next election, so his VP could pardon him. Of course if he did win I firmly believe he would be a four year lame duck president ruling by EO and rubber stamping every insane democrat spending bill...I mean it worked so well the first time, no?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 03:23:06 am by GtHawk »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sweety, I was for you returning after your most recent expulsion. 

Very sweet of you @Jack Russell   happy77