Author Topic: Biden admin says it can revoke visas of Hamas supporters as Republicans urge action  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden admin says it can revoke visas of Hamas supporters as Republicans urge action
Adam Shaw
Fri, November 17, 2023 at 4:00 AM EST·4 min read

The Biden administration has confirmed that it has the authority to revoke the visas of foreign nationals who are living in the U.S. but who support terrorist groups such as Hamas – just as Republicans are urging the government to crack down on pro-Hamas foreigners.

In a letter to Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., the State Department confirmed that Hamas is a designated foreign terrorist organization and that the State Dept. has the power to revoke visas.

"The Department of State also has broad authority under the [Immigration and Nationality Act] to revoke visas," the agency said. "We exercise the authority when there is information or evidence indicating a visa holder may be ineligible for a U.S. visa."

Additionally, it said that when it receives "derogatory information" indicating ineligibility, it takes "immediate action" which can include revocation of visas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-admin-says-revoke-visas-090027161.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They CAN but WON'T.  You can count on it.  Besides, Boston democrats want those Hamas "foreign nationals" to come there and become part of the democratic process by becoming voters.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson