Author Topic: Biden stokes Newsom presidential buzz at APEC event alongside California governor  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden stokes Newsom presidential buzz at APEC event alongside California governor
by Naomi Lim, White House Reporter
November 15, 2023 11:50 PM

SAN FRANCISCO — President Joe Biden quipped about Gov. Gavin Newsom's (D-CA) presidential aspirations on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation conference.

"I want to talk about Gov. Newsom," Biden said Wednesday during a reception for APEC leaders. "I want to thank him. He's been one hell of a governor, man. As a matter of fact, he can be anything he wants. He can have the job I'm looking for."

While Newsom has been a vocal backer of Biden's 2024 reelection, he's also been accused of running a "shadow campaign" for president with his headline-grabbing domestic travel and high-profile international trips, including one last month to China. Newsom has played a prominent role at APEC, greeting Chinese President Xi Jinping at the airport and hosting a high-dollar fundraiser for Biden on Tuesday.

During his remarks, Biden also mentioned Vice President Kamala Harris, another San Francisco Bay Area native. While Newsom was the former mayor of San Francisco, Harris served as the city's district attorney before she became California's attorney general.

"I'm particularly grateful for the Bay Area for giving our great vice president the chance to become vice president," he said. "She's the best. She's an outstanding leader and a great partner."

Biden additionally told current San Francisco Mayor London Breed she had "the hardest job in American politics.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-newsom-job-president-apec
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Joe doesn't even want the job anymore, but Jill isn't going to give up being co-President even if Sniffy is catatonic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Could have been a media-friendly back-handed compliment to put Gov Greaseball on notice that President Jell-O Brain was aware of Gov Greaseball's treachery.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Thus begins "The Great Switcheroo" of 2024.

ol' white joe will come to the DCommunist convention in Chicago with the nomination locked up (with both pledged delegates and superdelegates).

But then... early on in the proceedings -- he'll make a sudden, unannounced visit to address the gathering. He'll thank them for the support, but declare that personal issues have arisen that compel him to decline the nomination.

He will then "release" all his delegates, who along with the superdelegates will be free to nominate someone else.

And it's NOT going to be kamala.

Who, then, might it be?
Who have they got, ready and waiting?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Newsom, Hochul, and Whitmer, totalitarians three.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ScottinVA

If Newsom runs, he wins.  Female voters will swoon and turn out in huge numbers for him… they’ll just find him irresistible.