Author Topic: Five crew members aboard a Black Hawk of the U.S. Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment h  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Five crew members aboard a Black Hawk of the U.S. Army 160th Special Operations Aviation
Regiment have died in the crash of a Special Operations helicopter off Cyprus.

In the evening of Nov. 10, 2023, a U.S. aircraft crashed in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.

Little information about the incident was released by official sources. U.S. EUCOM said: “On the evening of November 10, a U.S. military aircraft conducting training operations in the eastern Mediterranean suffered a mishap and went down. Out of respect for the families affected, we will not release further information on the personnel involved at this time. The cause of the training incident is currently under investigation.”

To nip any type of weird speculation in the bud, the official release added “However, we can definitively say that the aircraft sortie was purely related to training and there are no indications of hostile activity. We will provide more information as the situation develops.”

In other words, although it didn’t disclose many details (not even the type of aircraft – a bit unusual for such incidents), the U.S. Command wanted to make it clear that the mishap was not caused by combat-related activity nor enemy actions.

https://theaviationist.com/2023/11/13/mh-60-crashes-eastern-med/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Those guys  VOLUNTEERED for that very dangerous job,and they should be honored for their sacrifice even though it was a training mission and not an actual mission.

People in Special Operations assignments volunteered for them,are VERY  aware of the risks they take,but are willing to take those risks in order to keep America safe. They know they are volunteering for missions that are VERY high-risk missions,and that in order to be able to complete these missions and survive,they know they have to train VERY hard under realistic conditions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!