Author Topic: F-15QA Flies Demo Unlike Any We’ve Seen From An Eagle Before  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-15QA Flies Demo Unlike Any We’ve Seen From An Eagle Before
« on: November 16, 2023, 07:12:44 pm »
F-15QA Flies Demo Unlike Any We’ve Seen From An Eagle Before
The F-15QA’s advanced fly-by-wire technology and the power offered by its F110-GE-129 engines have been on full display at the Dubai Airshow.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED NOV 15, 2023 6:07 PM EST
Qatar's F-15QA has been showing off like no variant of the F-15 before it at the Dubai Airshow this week.

Qatar's F-15QA Advanced Eagle has made its formal public debut in style this week. Unburdened by any stores, without its conformal fuel tanks, and with the help of its advanced fly-by-wire technology and its pair of powerful F110-GE-129 engines, the big jet has been wowing the crowds at the Dubai Airshow in the United Arab Emirates.

Check out the F-15QA demo for yourself:

Jason "Mongoose" Dotter, an F-15 experimental test pilot, and Mike "Houdini" Quintini, an F-15 flight test weapon systems operator, both of whom are employed by the jet's manufacturer Boeing, have been in the front and back seats for the demos in Dubai. The Qatari Emiri Air Force currently has a fleet of 36 F-15QAs, the aircraft being locally nicknamed Ababil — understood here to mean 'peregrine falcon,' but a word that is also often frequently translated into English as 'swallow.' The announcement that the last five examples had been delivered came just in August. You can read much more about this impressive fighter in our previous deep dive on the F-15QA.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/f-15qa-flies-demo-unlike-any-weve-seen-from-an-eagle-before
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson