Author Topic: Navy warship Thomas Hudner shoots down drone in Red Sea  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy warship Thomas Hudner shoots down drone in Red Sea
« on: November 16, 2023, 07:06:30 pm »
Navy warship Thomas Hudner shoots down drone in Red Sea
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Nov 15, 04:11 PM

The Navy destroyer Thomas Hudner shot down an air drone Wednesday in the Red Sea — marking the second time in less than a month that a Navy warship has done so in the Middle East amid concerns of a broader conflict in the region.

Thomas Hudner was transiting international waters Wednesday when it “engaged a drone that originated from Yemen and was heading in the direction of the ship,” according to a brief Pentagon statement, which said that Hudner fired on the drone in self-defense.

“The Hudner’s crew engaged and shot down the drone to ensure the safety of U.S. personnel,” the Pentagon said. “There were no U.S. casualties or any damage to the ship.”

No further details were provided Wednesday.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/11/15/navy-warship-thomas-hudner-shoots-down-drone-in-red-sea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson