Author Topic: Climate activist smears red paint on Washington, DC Civil War exhibit honoring Black soldiers  (Read 445 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CLIMATE CHANGE
Climate activist smears red paint on Washington, DC Civil War exhibit honoring Black soldiers
The activist said Black Civil War soldiers should be honored 'by carrying on their work' through climate action
Thomas Catenacci By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published November 15, 2023 11:39am EST

A climate activist with a far-left advocacy group smeared red paint on an exhibit honoring an African American regiment that fought during the Civil War, during a protest at the National Gallery of Art on Tuesday.

The member of Declare Emergency, a group that calls for an immediate end to fossil fuel production and reliance, vandalized a wall in the West Building gallery of the Washington, D.C., museum that houses the Shaw 54th Regiment Memorial, officials told Fox News Digital. Using red paint, the activist wrote, "Honor Them," and explained President Biden could honor Black Civil War soldiers by declaring a climate emergency.

"We should honor them by carrying on their work," the activist said in a statement. "So, I say, 'Joe Biden must declare a climate emergency' in their honor because the great majority of the people who are being harmed by the climate emergency now and who will be harmed in the future are people who look like the soldiers of the Massachusetts 54th."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/climate-activist-smears-red-paint-washington-dc-civil-war-exhibit-honoring-black-soldiers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The activist said Black Civil War soldiers should be honored 'by carrying on their work' through climate action

Anyone who can come up with such an incredibly stupid reason for doing what was done should be made a speech writer for Biden. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Vandalizing a momunent to the Massachusetts 54th is desecration.

They are not activists; they are criminals.

////00000////

They've angered their Global Climate Change Deity ...

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

There you have the American left in a nutshell: ignorant and racist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org