Author Topic: Oil Refinery Skirting Sanctions To Supply The Pentagon With Banned Russian Petroleum  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oil Refinery Skirting Sanctions To Supply The Pentagon With Banned Russian Petroleum

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

MICAELA BURROW
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, DEFENSE
November 14, 2023
9:56 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

The Pentagon is buying petroleum products originally sourced from Russia despite a complete ban on Russian oil the Biden administration rolled out in 2022 meant to cripple the Moscow war machine, according to investigations.

A longtime Department of Defense (DOD) supplier in Greece, to comply with the sanctions imposed in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, told investors it had developed new suppliers to replace Russian-origin products, according to a report by the Project on Government Oversight (POGO) and a Washington Post investigation. In reality, though, Motor Oil Hellas continued purchasing Russian oil rerouted hundreds of miles through a third country not subject to the sanctions, a Post analysis of shipping and trade data showed.

“I don’t see any other possible conclusion than Russian fuel is going to Motor Oil Hellas,” Robert Auers, an analyst for RBN Energy, who examined the Post findings, told the outlet. (RELATED: Senior Ukrainian Military Officer Behind Nord Stream Pipeline Attack: REPORT)

The Greek refinery imported fuel oil from the Dortyol shipping terminal in Turkey, according to the Post.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/14/fuel-oil-refinery-greece-russia-sanctions-pentagon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson