Author Topic: Countering China's “Intelligentized” Military Demands That Pentagon Embraces New Technology  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Countering China's “Intelligentized” Military Demands That Pentagon Embraces New Technology
By Gia DeHart
November 15, 2023

China’s rapid and aggressive investment in its military is a “pacing challenge,” a new report by the Department of Defense (DoD) found – noting specifically that Beijing increased defense spending by 7.1% to modernize its capabilities and improve its proficiencies across all warfare domains, though many estimate actual spending is much larger. Central to this approach is China’s vision for future conflict, which it calls "intelligentized warfare"— a concept that encompasses the extensive development of dual-use AI and cutting-edge technologies across all levels of warfare, from traditional battlefields to cyberspace.

Given the threat this poses to the United States and its allies, Washington must redouble its efforts in adopting and fielding advanced technology to effectively counter China's rise and maintain the nation’s standing as the preeminent military force.

This "intelligentized" strategy is not some distant-future concern; it's already being executed, as evidenced by China's actions against our key regional partner, Taiwan.

One aspect of "intelligentized" warfare involves the use of cyber capabilities to disrupt or infiltrate enemy networks, communication systems, and infrastructure. We received a glimpse of this in 2022 when then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan. China noted their displeasure by launching widespread cyber-attacks, targeting everything from convenience stores to public transportation in the lead up to and during her visit. While some experts dismissed this incident as more theater than a genuine threat, the Pentagon's report warns that China is developing cyber capabilities “to counter the U.S. military in the Indo-Pacific region, and compel Taiwan’s leadership to the negotiation table on the PRC’s terms.”

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/11/15/countering_chinas_intelligentized_military_demands_that_pentagon_embraces_new_technology_992800.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Every Chi-com electronic warfare attack vector is also a vector for American counter-attack.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright