Author Topic: Biden seeks better military relations with China when he meets with Xi  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden seeks better military relations with China when he meets with Xi
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Nov 15, 07:51 AM

President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping are expected to agree Wednesday to restore some military-to-military communications between their armed forces when they meet on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in San Francisco.

The plan is to revive the regular talks under what’s known as the Military Maritime Consultative Agreement, which until 2020 had been used to improve safety in the air and sea, said a U.S. official, who requested anonymity to preview the leaders’ expected announcement.

https://www.militarytimes.com/management/leadership/2023/11/15/biden-seeks-better-military-relations-with-china-when-he-meets-with-xi/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden seeks better military relations with China when he meets with Xi
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 04:27:15 pm »
That must mean he has offered to give up something, like the Army or Marines! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson