Author Topic: NYT Drops Dumbest ‘Fact-Check’ Ever  (Read 177 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYT Drops Dumbest ‘Fact-Check’ Ever
« on: November 15, 2023, 04:09:49 pm »
NYT Drops Dumbest ‘Fact-Check’ Ever
169 migrants on terror watchlist apprehended, and at least two of them released

By Andrew R. Arthur on November 10, 2023
NYT fact check
During the Republican presidential debate on Wednesday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis vowed to “shut ... down” illegal entries by terrorists across the Southwest border. That fairly straightforward vow triggered perhaps the dumbest “fact-check” ever, courtesy of the New York Times.

Before I begin, and in the interest of full disclosure, I should note that I served as then-Chairman Ron DeSantis’ (R-Fla.) staff director on the National Security Subcommittee at the House Committee on Oversight and Investigations from January 2015 to September 2016. If anything, that should simply confirm that both he and I have some experience on these topics.

“G.O.P. Debate Fact-Check: Israel, Abortion and the Economy Dominate”. On November 8 — the day after the debate — the New York Times ran an analysis of the previous night’s claims captioned “G.O.P. Debate Fact-Check: Israel, Abortion and the Economy Dominate”.

Note that “immigration” didn’t “dominate” that debate, because even though it’s the second-leading issue (with a bullet) for voters in the most recent Harvard/Harris poll, the moderators didn’t raise it until 88 minutes into the event, even though the candidates referenced border security repeatedly in response to other questions prior to that point.

https://cis.org/Arthur/NYT-Drops-Dumbest-FactCheck-Ever
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson