Author Topic: America’s Teachers Are Dumb, And They’re Making Students Dumber  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Teachers Are Dumb, And They're Making Students Dumber
Daniel Coupland
5–6 minutes

More than three years after Covid-19 began, explanations abound for ongoing “learning loss” in schools. But these discussions often miss one of the most obvious explanations: outdated and ineffective instruction.

It’s been repeatedly shown that teacher quality is the primary thing affecting student achievement. Shouldn’t teacher quality be our primary concern? Given how far behind we’ve fallen in teacher quality, you would think so.

If you aren’t convinced that teacher quality has gone down, I would ask you to “briefly state the result and effect of the battle of Waterloo.” If you’re anything like me, you could say something, right? It just wouldn’t be amazing. What is amazing, though, is that the question above was taken from Michigan’s public grammar schoolteacher-licensing exam in history from 1900. In other words, a competent high school graduate in 1900 was expected to know the answer and to teach the answer to eighth graders. In other words, teachers back in the day knew their stuff.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/14/americas-teachers-are-dumb-and-theyre-making-students-dumber/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: America’s Teachers Are Dumb, And They’re Making Students Dumber
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 09:07:24 pm »
All in need to do is think back on my classmates in my Education Classes who received their Teaching Cert.  My word.  What a group of misfits.  Trouble is, they were so much better than the pink haired, gender confused, radical antifa scum they are pumping out today.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 10:56:05 pm »
No.

Too many teachers are communists, and they making students into young communist followers...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 01:56:31 pm »
No.

Too many teachers are communists, and they making students into young communist followers...
A sure indicator that they are not teaching, but indoctrinating.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 04:45:24 pm »
Hence the burgeoning home school community.