Author Topic: McCarthy accused of shoving Republican who helped oust him: 'Cheap shot from behind'  (Read 344 times)

Offline libertybele

McCarthy accused of shoving Republican who helped oust him: 'Cheap shot from behind'

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has been accused of shoving a Republican congressman who helped oust him as House speaker.

In an on-camera interview from the Capitol Hill outdoor steps after the alleged incident, Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tenn., alleged McCarthy came up and took a "cheap shot from behind."

"You don't expect that sort of thing from an adult, certainly not one who was once third in line for the White House," Burchett said.

Burchett told reporters that McCarthy's actions seemed "deliberate."

"I'll take a polygraph test. And have Kevin take a polygraph test," he said. "It was deliberate. It was just a cheap shot by a bully."..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-accused-shoving-republican-helped-oust-him-cheap-shot-from-behind
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gaetz makes ethics complaint against McCarthy over Burchett elbowing accusation
by Emily Brooks - 11/14/23 3:27 PM ET

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) filed a formal ethics complaint against former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) after Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) accused the ex-House leader of elbowing him in a hallway.

“This incident deserves immediate and swift investigation by the Ethics committee,” Gaetz wrote in a letter to House Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest (R-Miss.) and ranking member Susan Wild (D-Pa.) on Tuesday.

“Congress has seen a substantial increase in breaches of decorum unlike anything we have ever seen since the pre-Civil War era.”

McCarthy on Tuesday appeared to bump into Burchett as he passed in a Capitol hallway, which Burchett says was a deliberate elbow to his back.

But McCarthy later told reporters the interaction was not deliberate, and that he was simply moving past Burchett in a small hallway.

“I guess our elbows hit as I walked by,” McCarthy later told reporters, including CNN. “If I would hit somebody, they would I know hit them.”

Gaetz took Burchett’s side.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4309550-gaetz-complaint-mccarthy-elbow-accusation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I have seen Middle School kids behave better than the ass holes we have in congress today.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Tim Burchett went to Congress, and a hockey game broke out ...

////00000////

You didn't see Terry O'Reilly being a whiny bitch like Tim Burchett.

WWE has nothing compared to late 1970s / early 1980s NHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqbzbwXHb0
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

I have seen Middle School kids behave better than the ass holes we have in congress today.

Some people just never grow the heck up.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.