Author Topic: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary  (Read 22121 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary
« Reply #425 on: November 26, 2023, 09:56:34 pm »
@LMAO

I would like to see a copy  and paste of me posting  that you  confused voters want a dictator.

Here ya go. All yours

SOME of you seem to think we live in a system of Right and Left dictatorships,and it just ain't so. It literally took decades to knock America down to the level where we are today,and some of you fools think that ANYBODY that gets elected can change the system overnight?

Your "wet dreams come true" would be the establishment of a dictatorship by the Right,which is as un-American as a dictatorship of the left.

And another

@Hoodat

So you want a dictator.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And another

@LMAO

There are no contradictions there.

BTW,it WOULD take a dictator to make the changes you want made in just 4 years.

And this is from just this thread alone

I still don't get the connection you make  that limiting the size and power of the federal government means a dictatorship
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 10:21:48 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #426 on: November 26, 2023, 09:59:03 pm »
You mean like:

True, often on pick-ups, but in the whole history, most badges on most lines and models and generations are small and a) hood ornaments and b) hubcap emblems.  None of them is big.

Again, ALL of Trump things are badged "Yugely" - every one, and in a big way.  So you can't miss it.

Please get the point.  ALL vs. your cherry-picked examples.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #427 on: November 26, 2023, 10:01:20 pm »
@roamer_1

The REAL problem is all the "Everything or nothing" idiots  that would be pissed if Trump  gets elected and puts up  a border wall with some support from the DNC.

Politics IS the "art of compromise",and there MUST be some give a take. None whatsoever on Constitutional issues,but on the more mundane daily business of government.

And I just KNOW this post  is  going to  have some of your heads exploding  and accusing  me  of being a Communist.

The problem is with all the "Everything MY way or nothing" cretins.

Actually, that's funny.  Because usually it's EverTrumpers who insist it must be however Trump wants it or NOTHING, and indeed they like Trump because he allegedly DOESN'T "compromise".  Which is false.

Not a bad thing, but not all good either.  Just be consistent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2023, 10:27:03 pm »
Here ya go. All yours

SOME of you seem to think we live in a system of Right and Left dictatorships,and it just ain't so. It literally took decades to knock America down to the level where we are today,and some of you fools think that ANYBODY that gets elected can change the system overnight?

Your "wet dreams come true" would be the establishment of a dictatorship by the Right,which is as un-American as a dictatorship of the left.

And another

@Hoodat

So you want a dictator.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And another

@LMAO

There are no contradictions there.

BTW,it WOULD take a dictator to make the changes you want made in just 4 years.

And this is from just this thread alone

I still don't get the connection you make  that limiting the size and power of the federal government means a dictatorship

@LMAO

Thanks for posting that.

Good to see you post something other than self-centered brain farts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #429 on: November 26, 2023, 11:29:57 pm »
So?   Stay off the thread, then.

You guyz pull this shit all the time.   Practice some self-control and MYOB.
You've already violated TOS a half-dozen times in this thread, so YOU practice some self-control.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #430 on: November 27, 2023, 01:12:11 am »
You've already violated TOS a half-dozen times in this thread, so YOU practice some self-control.

WTF ="TOS" ?

TOS = FreeRepublic
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #431 on: November 27, 2023, 01:40:42 am »
WTF ="TOS" ?

TOS = FreeRepublic

@DCPatriot

Well,it does highlight where his mindset is.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #432 on: November 27, 2023, 01:55:06 am »
WTF ="TOS" ?

TOS = FreeRepublic

Freeperland is not the ony TOS in the lexicon.  For the other 99% of sane people not frequenting there, it means "terms of service"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #433 on: November 27, 2023, 02:09:41 am »
@Smokin Joe

My "Daily driver" pu was my all original other that brush paint job" 1937 IHC pu. Then the radiator  blew up and  the cheapest I could find a replacement  was $1000 bucks. This happened at roughly the same time my health started deteriorating,and I kept telling myself that I was going to get better and would do it then,but I  now realize I am not going to  get better at THAT level again,and can't seem to find anyone willing to do the work. Everybody seems to only want  to  take on direct part replacement repairs these days.

AND....,this is a BIG HONKING  flathead radiator,so a smaller modern one probably wouldn't cool the engine.

Yeah,I COULD look around and find a replacement radiator that could be made to fit and work,but then it wouldn't be original anymore. Assuming,of course I get well enough  to do it or can find someone willing to do it.

Truck still has the original flat 6 IHC engine,and ran smoothly at 55-60 mph. You really couldn't tell you weren't riding in a new  truck  at those speeds.
Would one out of a '39 work. I'm nor sure how good a shape it is in, but I have one (still in the truck).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2023, 02:54:28 am »
Would one out of a '39 work. I'm nor sure how good a shape it is in, but I have one (still in the truck).

@Smokin Joe

If it is a 39 IHC half-ton pu,or MAYBE even a 1 ton,it would be a direct swap.

What kind of shape is it in,and how much do you want for it? PLEASE respond via PM on this issue.

I really don't want to modify this truck in any way. IMNSHO,the design,suspension,engine,and trans are pretty much  perfect just the way it is.

BTW,how is the stainless trim on the junker truck that you have? Some of mine is missing,but  I would buy it all in order  to have extra trim pieces if it is in good condition?

BTW,does yours have the original radio? Believe it or not,but mine did. The previous owner  took it out to have  it redone,and never got around to putting it back in. 6 volt radios are not  all that easy to  find anymore,and I am guessing  original IHC radios are about as rare as  hens teeth.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2023, 02:44:49 pm »
Freeperland is not the ony TOS in the lexicon.  For the other 99% of sane people not frequenting there, it means "terms of service"

THIS

Lots of acronyms here for FR, “that other site”.

When I saw that months ago I thought terms of service, also, which didn’t make sense. Funny that Jeremy just used it here “properly”.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #436 on: November 28, 2023, 01:19:55 am »
Problem is Acronyms are over used, and if used out of context, POS is not a point of sale, and TOS is a ton of the same.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #437 on: November 28, 2023, 03:50:36 pm »
Just announced.....The Koch-Bushy faction has just announced they are all in for Bitch Haley.

The RINO's are coalescing around their establishment candidate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #438 on: November 28, 2023, 04:59:54 pm »
Just announced.....The Koch-Bushy faction has just announced they are all in for Bitch Haley.

The ticket will be Trump/Haley.  For whatever reason, the GOP is searching out the most repulsive candidates, and daring us to vote for someone else in the general election.  I'm happy to call their bluff.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #439 on: November 28, 2023, 08:14:10 pm »

Good grief.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #440 on: November 28, 2023, 08:26:54 pm »
Stephanie Murray
@stephanie_murr
In a polling memo, the Koch-affiliated Americans for Prosperity Action says Nikki Haley is the most "likable" candidate in the GOP primary and highlights her growing support in Iowa and New Hampshire.

"Haley has more room to make her case to primary voters as she is less defined than Trump or DeSantis," the memo says. ...

https://twitter.com/stephanie_murr/status/1729512510892453974
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #441 on: November 28, 2023, 08:28:49 pm »
Stephanie Murray
@stephanie_murr
In a polling memo, the Koch-affiliated Americans for Prosperity Action says Nikki Haley is the most "likable" candidate in the GOP primary and highlights her growing support in Iowa and New Hampshire.

"Haley has more room to make her case to primary voters as she is less defined than Trump or DeSantis," the memo says. ...

https://twitter.com/stephanie_murr/status/1729512510892453974

:3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #442 on: November 28, 2023, 08:40:08 pm »

Tolja, she's 'JEB!'...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 08:41:32 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #443 on: November 28, 2023, 08:49:09 pm »

https://twitter.com/MQSullivan/status/1729251639360446797

I cannot bring myself to cast a vote for Ron DeSandis.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #444 on: November 28, 2023, 08:56:54 pm »

https://twitter.com/MQSullivan/status/1729251639360446797

I cannot bring myself to cast a vote for Ron DeSandis.
S'okay, feel the same about Frump :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #445 on: November 28, 2023, 09:02:43 pm »
The ticket will be Trump/Haley. 

From some of the things that Trump has been campaigning on along with some of the comments on this forum, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it was a Trump/Warren ticket
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #446 on: November 28, 2023, 10:20:31 pm »
S'okay, feel the same about Frump :shrug:

And I feel the same about Donald Trump as you do

But if this is accurate, Biguns concerns are justified. Lobbyist don’t help candidates without expecting something in return

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2023, 11:12:55 pm »
And I feel the same about Donald Trump as you do

But if this is accurate, Biguns concerns are justified. Lobbyist don’t help candidates without expecting something in return

There a bit of a chicken/egg with lobbyists.  Sometimes, they are trying to buy votes.  But sometimes, they're just supporting those people who already truly agree with them on an issue.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #448 on: November 28, 2023, 11:58:37 pm »
There a bit of a chicken/egg with lobbyists.  Sometimes, they are trying to buy votes.  But sometimes, they're just supporting those people who already truly agree with them on an issue.

In this case that strikes DeSantis from my list of possibles.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2023, 12:08:30 am »
I still think Haley is going to be the GOP nominee.  I believe she has already been selected by the establishment GOP.

I just can't see myself voting for her.

Sigh. At best, I'll probably be voting down ballot.

Two people I feel the 'establishment' doesn't want in -- Trump and DeSantis and there is no way that they are going to be the nominees.

Just my opinion.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.