Author Topic: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary  (Read 22122 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary
« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2023, 03:54:09 pm »
You just linked conservatism to the Tea Party, and the tea parties were all about fiscal responsibility.

Trump isn't.  You guys have sold your conservative principles for a guy whose only discernable platform is nativism.

Total nonsense, @Maj. Bill Martin

I was responding to @roamer_1 's pearl-clutching about how wonderful the Tea Party 'was'.

President Trump had no chance of being reelected had he refused to provide "Covid $$$" to the public, while they locked us down....but you knew that, didn't you?   /S
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2023, 03:58:22 pm »
@libertybele
@the OlLine Rebel

Use your scroll bar if you don't like the thread.  There's hundreds of other threads in which you can partake.

Bullshit insults by the forum NTs started it.  And I'm finished letting them slide.

As Casey Stengel said..."You can look it up!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2023, 04:16:07 pm »
So to sum this thread up, this is what we’ve learned from MAGA

“Trump will take on the left but he can’t and couldn’t take on Democrats and the left because doing so would upset them and the only way things will change is to elect Trump but wanting change means you support a dictatorship”

Whew…lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2023, 04:17:03 pm »
@libertybele
@the OlLine Rebel

Use your scroll bar if you don't like the thread.  There's hundreds of other threads in which you can partake.

Bullshit insults by the forum NTs started it.  And I'm finished letting them slide.

The damage that Trump did when he left office and what he’s promising to do if reelected is very much fair game regardless if it upsets you or not

It is entirely fair to critique his record, and what he’s promising to do if he’s reelected just like we would do with any candidate

« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 04:27:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #404 on: November 26, 2023, 04:21:27 pm »
I emphasized how the Don makes sure every single thing is named for his family name (him) and the literal size of all lettering for it.

Not petty.  Noticeable.  Emblematic of his self-image.

Chrysler has a whole building…a beautiful one…but it doesn’t have a huge stamp of lettering on it to ensure we know that.  We just know it.  Same with Rockefeller Center.  (BTW, he named his company Standard Oil.)

If Trump made a car he’d be sure the literal badges on it would take up the whole quarter panel.

@the OlLine Rebel OILine

EVERY single Chrysler car that has ever left the factory had a "Chrysler" badge on it.

The ONLY real difference is Walter Chrysler is dead so he is not subject to your envy and petty jealousies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #405 on: November 26, 2023, 04:23:22 pm »

“Trump will take on the left but he can’t and couldn’t take on Democrats and the left because doing so would upset them and the only way things will change is to elect Trump but wanting change means you support a dictatorship”

Whew…lol

@LMAO

Summing  it up like that only proves  you probably  shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2023, 04:30:14 pm »
@LMAO

Summing  it up like that only proves  you probably  shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Do you read your own posting history? Or have you read what other Trump supporters have posted here?

What I posted is exactly what I’ve seen here from people such as yourself. You’ve made the claim in the past that people who don’t vote for Donald Trump want the status quo. When people tell you they don’t and they truly want some kind of change you accuse them of wanting a dictator.

Which one is it?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 04:34:00 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #407 on: November 26, 2023, 04:32:53 pm »
Total nonsense, @Maj. Bill Martin

I was responding to @roamer_1 's pearl-clutching about how wonderful the Tea Party 'was'.

President Trump had no chance of being reelected had he refused to provide "Covid $$$" to the public, while they locked us down....but you knew that, didn't you?   /S

Congressional Republicans wanted the Covid checks to be smaller because of the inflation risk. Donald Trump sided with Democrats to make them as large as they were and now we get to deal with the resulting inflation that, despite the current administration claim, is not transitory

Why should I vote for a Republican that sides with Democrats? I might as well just bypass the middleman and just vote for every Democrat who runs if I wanted that.

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #408 on: November 26, 2023, 04:33:12 pm »
@libertybele
@the OlLine Rebel

I like the argument.  I don’t like cussing, vicious insults, libel, etc.  it should be civil, professional.  Once our society expected decency in public.  And yes, this is public, not a private small family or friends group.  On FR I got sick of it and invariably it came immediately from the EverTrumper side.  Usually 1-liner ad hominem, no argument.  But on FR I could ping the mods and report the jackasses.  Either way, it shouldn’t be this way.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #409 on: November 26, 2023, 04:35:23 pm »
I like the argument.  I don’t like cussing, vicious insults, libel, etc.  it should be civil, professional.  Once our society expected decency in public.  And yes, this is public, not a private small family or friends group.  On FR I got sick of it and invariably it came immediately from the EverTrumper side.  Usually 1-liner ad hominem, no argument.  But on FR I could ping the mods and report the jackasses.  Either way, it shouldn’t be this way.

There’s really only one poster here who turns it personal. Beyond that, I see no problem with this thread. After all, this is a political forum, and the discussion is politics.

It is a primary season, after all
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 04:36:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #410 on: November 26, 2023, 04:42:17 pm »
@the OlLine Rebel OILine

EVERY single Chrysler car that has ever left the factory had a "Chrysler" badge on it.

The ONLY real difference is Walter Chrysler is dead so he is not subject to your envy and petty jealousies.

Oh cut it out.

HUGE lettering was the point.  OFCOURSE people name corps for themselves and they use badging with that name.

Chrysler and Ford are almost never a huge typeface on any of their vehicles.  I say this as a car nut - former Antique Auto Club of America member for 30 years.

I am not jealous of rich people.  NEVER have been.  That is for communists, who are all highly materialistic, thinking money solves everything.  I’ve always said Dems are based on envy:  they want everyone to be angry about how much money someone else has.  I don’t care about that.  It doesn’t matter to me.  As long as rich aren’t actually taking anything from me or keeping me from doing things, I don’t care.  I’m happy being solid middle class.  Don’t need any more and don’t want it.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #411 on: November 26, 2023, 04:42:45 pm »
There’s really only one poster here who turns it personal. Beyond that, I see no problem with this thread. After all, this is a political forum, and the discussion is politics.

It is a primary season, after all

I see several.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #412 on: November 26, 2023, 04:46:40 pm »

Whew…lol

Nice summation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2023, 05:56:25 pm »
I think this thread has run its course...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2023, 06:15:01 pm »

But . . . but . . . but I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to answer my question.

What is the point of voting for someone in the GOP primary who has a proven track record of signing off on every single piece of Democrat legislation that comes across his desk and whose negatives are so high that he will never garner 50% of the November vote?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2023, 07:16:24 pm »

So?   Stay off the thread, then.

You guyz pull this shit all the time.   Practice some self-control and MYOB.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2023, 07:18:54 pm »

How you said that may reveal your subconscious way of thinking about this @DCPatriot ... It is not the money provided in order to survive during the lockdown... It was the damn, dirty lockdown in the first place. Without the subjugation of liberty, there would have been no need for the 'Covid $$$'

And Tumpy was right at the forefront of ALL of it. BECAUSE of the lockdown alone, for that absurd excuse to subjugate the people and so damage liberty, that son of a bitch should NEVER be let near the levers of power again. With extreme prejudice.

That y'all want more of that is an astonishment to me. That you would voluntarily DESIRE that bastard at the reins again is a pox... A disease born of never having walked free. That's what it is to me.

You seem to accept the chains without consideration, only to focus on the after-affect that is the money. That thinking is so very far removed from my own that it boggles me. I cannot even believe such a way can be locked and loaded as thought - Here, in me, such a thing would never form, and were it to, would be discarded as literal evil.

y'all are f*%$#* with my liberty, and expecting me to accept the yoke, as y'all already have, or at least that's how it seems to me.

Not just no... HELL NO. It is bad enough living under the Democrats... But to desire the very same thing out of the Right is so much worse... To want it to be foisted upon you... What happened to you under Tumpy should be an offense with an odor so bad that you should never go near it again, not to mention WANT to. But still you want to. That is stunning to me. I can't imagine how I can be here right now... On a Conservative forum arguing for liberty itself. It should never have to come to this.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #417 on: November 26, 2023, 07:24:27 pm »

Whew…lol

But wait... On top of all that, the overweening thought... In order to fight the left we must BECOME the left.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2023, 07:26:57 pm »
@the OlLine Rebel OILine

Well, no... Some of them, probably way more of them, have a Dodge emblem... Any mention of 'Chrysler" that might be there is incidental.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2023, 07:28:32 pm »
@libertybele
@the OlLine Rebel

@DC Patriot yes there are many other threads to partake in.  I just don't see the necessity or appropriateness for some of the exchanges in here between those that want change with a fiscal conservative v. Trump who has already had his chance.

To each his own. Hope to see you post on another thread.  happy77

Peace.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #420 on: November 26, 2023, 08:37:12 pm »
Oh cut it out.

HUGE lettering was the point.  OFCOURSE people name corps for themselves and they use badging with that name.

Chrysler and Ford are almost never a huge typeface on any of their vehicles.  I say this as a car nut - former Antique Auto Club of America member for 30 years.

I am not jealous of rich people.  NEVER have been.  That is for communists, who are all highly materialistic, thinking money solves everything.  I’ve always said Dems are based on envy:  they want everyone to be angry about how much money someone else has.  I don’t care about that.  It doesn’t matter to me.  As long as rich aren’t actually taking anything from me or keeping me from doing things, I don’t care.  I’m happy being solid middle class.  Don’t need any more and don’t want it.
You mean like:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2023, 09:25:34 pm »
Do you read your own posting history? Or have you read what other Trump supporters have posted here?

What I posted is exactly what I’ve seen here from people such as yourself. You’ve made the claim in the past that people who don’t vote for Donald Trump want the status quo. When people tell you they don’t and they truly want some kind of change you accuse them of wanting a dictator.

Which one is it?

@LMAO

I would like to see a copy  and paste of me posting  that you  confused voters want a dictator.

If anything,you seem to think that Trump is a dictator and that's why you  hate him.

It CAN'T be both ways.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2023, 09:32:25 pm »
But wait... On top of all that, the overweening thought... In order to fight the left we must BECOME the left.  *****rollingeyes*****

@roamer_1

The REAL problem is all the "Everything or nothing" idiots  that would be pissed if Trump  gets elected and puts up  a border wall with some support from the DNC.

Politics IS the "art of compromise",and there MUST be some give a take. None whatsoever on Constitutional issues,but on the more mundane daily business of government.

And I just KNOW this post  is  going to  have some of your heads exploding  and accusing  me  of being a Communist.

The problem is with all the "Everything MY way or nothing" cretins.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #423 on: November 26, 2023, 09:36:51 pm »
@roamer_1

The REAL problem is all the "Everything or nothing" idiots  that would be pissed if Trump  gets elected and puts up  a border wall with some support from the DNC.

Politics IS the "art of compromise",and there MUST be some give a take. None whatsoever on Constitutional issues,but on the more mundane daily business of government.

And I just KNOW this post  is  going to  have some of your heads exploding  and accusing  me  of being a Communist.

The problem is with all the "Everything MY way or nothing" cretins.

I am happy to compromise @sneakypete . Plenty of room for that, AFTER the principle things of Conservatism have been met. But yeah, where my liberty is concerned, there's a damn hard line.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #424 on: November 26, 2023, 09:40:37 pm »
You mean like:

@Smokin Joe

My "Daily driver" pu was my all original other that brush paint job" 1937 IHC pu. Then the radiator  blew up and  the cheapest I could find a replacement  was $1000 bucks. This happened at roughly the same time my health started deteriorating,and I kept telling myself that I was going to get better and would do it then,but I  now realize I am not going to  get better at THAT level again,and can't seem to find anyone willing to do the work. Everybody seems to only want  to  take on direct part replacement repairs these days.

AND....,this is a BIG HONKING  flathead radiator,so a smaller modern one probably wouldn't cool the engine.

Yeah,I COULD look around and find a replacement radiator that could be made to fit and work,but then it wouldn't be original anymore. Assuming,of course I get well enough  to do it or can find someone willing to do it.

Truck still has the original flat 6 IHC engine,and ran smoothly at 55-60 mph. You really couldn't tell you weren't riding in a new  truck  at those speeds.