Author Topic: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary  (Read 22120 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary
« Reply #375 on: November 25, 2023, 10:14:53 pm »
Go outside into the street in front of your house...look both ways...then GFY

You've openly mocked the core conservative idea of fiscal responsibility and those of us who value it.  You've also supported Trump signing leftist legislation as a means to help himself get re-elected.

Maybe you didn't intend to end up where you have, but what you're now advocating/defending is no longer conservatism.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:16:13 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #376 on: November 25, 2023, 10:23:25 pm »
You've openly mocked the core conservative idea of fiscal responsibility and those of us who value it.  You've also supported Trump signing leftist legislation as a means to help himself get re-elected.

Maybe you didn't intend to end up where you have, but what you're now advocating/defending is no longer conservatism.

You got that right.  And my question to the Trump supporters here continues to go unanswered.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #377 on: November 25, 2023, 10:24:52 pm »
Is it truly necessary for things to get so ugly in this thread???  :shrug: **nononono*

This thread has been a :dumpster: for about 14 pages now. A total waste of precious bandwidth.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #378 on: November 25, 2023, 10:44:13 pm »
You got that right.  And my question to the Trump supporters here continues to go unanswered.

I understand his point that there are "other issues" more urgent than small government fiscal conservatiism, and that we may need to sacrifice fiscal conservatism so that we can win elections and do those other things.

The problem is that I don't see how you can ever reverse that.  Because now, your voting base will include lots of people who will abandon you if you ever try for small government and fiscal responsibility.  So you'll always have that exact same excuse for not advocating for smaller government/fiscal conservatism, and we all know where the inevitably will lead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #379 on: November 25, 2023, 10:50:22 pm »
The issue is he makes a point of naming every single thing with his name, and puts it in gigantic lettering.

@the OlLine Rebel link

Jealousy is never pretty.

"Trump" is the family name as well as the corporate name.

What next,whining about Chrysler and Ford being named after the people that started the brands?

I expect this sort of petty  jealousy  BS from the left,but I expect better from people who claim to be conservatives.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2023, 10:54:53 pm »
Says the poster who openly disparages Conservatives on this forum.

@Hoodat

"Conservatives",of course,being defined as people that hate Trump because he is rich and a braggart.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2023, 11:04:01 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

The idea that ANY candidate is going to get elected and start tearing down the existing system overnight is a wet dream,and frankly,I am shocked that so many of you are that freaking childish.

NO ONE MAN OR WOMAN is going to be capable of doing that,and none that are sane would even try.

We didn't get to where we are now overnight,and we won't be getting back to the 1950's political stances overnight,either.

IF it even happens,it will be a slow process that will take years.

SOME of you seem to think we live in a system of Right and Left dictatorships,and it just ain't so. It literally took decades to knock America down to the level where we are today,and some of you fools think that ANYBODY that gets elected can change the system overnight?

Your "wet dreams come true" would be the establishment of a dictatorship by the Right,which is as un-American as a dictatorship of the left.

You just go ahead and have your wet dreams about a "Manly De Do Ron-Ron" getting elected and changing things over night by jumping up in the air and clicking his pumps 3 times,if that is what makes you feel better.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2023, 11:13:12 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

The idea that ANY candidate is going to get elected and start tearing down the existing system overnight is a wet dream,and frankly,I am shocked that so many of you are that freaking childish.

NO ONE MAN OR WOMAN is going to be capable of doing that,and none that are sane would even try.

We didn't get to where we are now overnight,and we won't be getting back to the 1950's political stances overnight,either.

SOME of you seem to think we live in a system of Right and Left dictatorships,and it just ain't so. It literally took decades to knock America down to the level where we are today,and some of you fools think that ANYBODY that gets elected can change the system overnight?

Your "wet dreams come true" would be the establishment of a dictatorship by the Right,which is as un-American as a dictatorship of the left.

You just go ahead and have your wet dreams about a "Manly De Do Ron-Ron" getting elected and changing things over night by jumping up in the air and clicking his pumps 3 times,if that is what makes you feel better.

Nobody ever advocated for a dictatorship nor has anyone ever given any indication they believe we live in a dictatorship

Nobody ever claimed a president will fix things by clicking his heels

Nobody ever claimed the damage done will be fixed overnight

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:34:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2023, 11:16:41 pm »
I understand his point that there are "other issues" more urgent than small government fiscal conservatiism, and that we may need to sacrifice fiscal conservatism so that we can win elections and do those other things.

The problem is that I don't see how you can ever reverse that.  Because now, your voting base will include lots of people who will abandon you if you ever try for small government and fiscal responsibility.  So you'll always have that exact same excuse for not advocating for smaller government/fiscal conservatism, and we all know where the inevitably will lead.

It is a direct assault against the primary Reaganite directive, which is the main reason I will never move.

Reagan's Conservative Coalition was an agreement between factions, each with their own immovable principles... FICON, DEFCON, and the newly minted SOCONs, that it was no skin off their nose to vote for a Conservative that embraced ALL their principles, And when one such was found, the Conservative juggernaut came together, unstoppable.

Ever since, it has been about changing the definition thereof, and the moderate wing especially promotes that change, knowing damn well how short their stay would be in the face of a true Conservative uprising... And how readily their 'swamp' would be drained by a true believer... because the 'swamp' runs on money, and there is no money in a Conservative administration.

So it has been since then, that the principles of Conservatism are denigrated in favor of NEOCON desires, always with a new kind of Conservatism supplanting (or attempting to) the old Conservative order... ALWAYS with fiscal and libertarian concerns thrown under the bus, with a lip service to Christians because their votes are needed, and feigned glory toward the military - because they are the power of government.

Every time. Just the same.

And every time, Conservatives, standing upon principle (as they always do) are left holding the blame bag when they will not vote otherwise. It's the same old story, every_single_time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2023, 11:26:33 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Nope. But the TEA Party came damn close. And the 94 Congress came damn close. And you can bet the Conservative unity to be found in DeSantis will have much greater coattails than Tumpy, ushering in a turning over very similar to what the TEA Party last did.

Conservative unity should be the point. The WHOLE point.

Not the ridiculous distraction and messianic dentyne schwing of Tumpy and the populists.
Not the globalist dreams of Moderates.

DeSantis holds that promise, as Cruz did before him...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2023, 11:40:30 pm »
Nope. But the TEA Party came damn close. And the 94 Congress came damn close. And you can bet the Conservative unity to be found in DeSantis will have much greater coattails than Tumpy, ushering in a turning over very similar to what the TEA Party last did.

Conservative unity should be the point. The WHOLE point.

Not the ridiculous distraction and messianic dentyne schwing of Tumpy and the populists.
Not the globalist dreams of Moderates.

DeSantis holds that promise, as Cruz did before him...

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

I suppose that Santa will be his VP,and The Easter Bunny will run Congress?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #386 on: November 26, 2023, 12:31:47 am »
@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

I suppose that Santa will be his VP,and The Easter Bunny will run Congress?

It sure as hell won't come with Tumpy. He is the kiss of death. Everyone that stood with him before are gone....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #387 on: November 26, 2023, 12:40:34 am »

BFD!  WTF are you to decide how "Conservatism" is defined?

I was at TOS's Tea Party get together in Washington D.C....Lucianne Goldberg, Anne Coulter, Jim Robinson, Alan Keyes...Bill something or other...

Don't tell me what a Conservartive is, you tunnel-vision Neanderthals.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #388 on: November 26, 2023, 12:52:33 am »

I was at TOS's Tea Party get together in Washington D.C....Lucianne Goldberg, Anne Coulter, Jim Robinson, Alan Keyes...Bill something or other...

That's the point. Conservatism IS defined, and long before your name-dropped heroes were pups... The only one of which I recognize being Keyes, btw.

Political conservatism has one purpose - To defend the principles that allow Conservatives the liberty to practice the way-of-life of Conservatism. THe stuff of Burke and Kirk - Not the wayward incident of political fame.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #389 on: November 26, 2023, 12:54:06 am »
Lol...

Sneakypete contradicts himself

First, he accuses those who won't support Trump as not wanting  change and supporting the status quo.  But, when people here state that, in fact, they do want change, but they won't be backing Trump, he blasts people as wanting a dictator(which nobody does) and being naïve and believing in Santa Clause
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2023, 02:33:18 am »
Lol...

Sneakypete contradicts himself

First, he accuses those who won't support Trump as not wanting  change and supporting the status quo.  But, when people here state that, in fact, they do want change, but they won't be backing Trump, he blasts people as wanting a dictator(which nobody does) and being naïve and believing in Santa Clause

@LMAO

There are no contradictions there.

BTW,it WOULD take a dictator to make the changes you want made in just 4 years.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2023, 02:40:44 am »
@LMAO

There are no contradictions there.

BTW,it WOULD take a dictator to make the changes you want made in just 4 years.

You don't read your own posts, do you? happy77

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2023, 02:41:04 am »

Nobody ever advocated for a dictatorship nor has anyone ever given any indication they believe we live in a dictatorship

Nobody ever claimed a president will fix things by clicking his heels

Nobody ever claimed the damage done will be fixed overnight

Exactly.  I don't know from where the hell he got that.

I don't expect any President to undo all the damage in one term.  But I expect a Republican not to make it even worse by adding new spending programs.  And I want nothing to do with a Republican candidate who attacks any other Republican who even mentions entitlement reform.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 02:42:07 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2023, 02:43:18 am »
Exactly.  I don't know from where the hell he got that.

I don't expect any President to undo all the damage in one term. But I expect a Republican not to make it even worse by adding new spending programs. And I want nothing to do with a Republican candidate who attacks any other Republican who even mentions entitlement reform.

Bingo!!

Trump is only only GOP candidate running(at least as far as I can tell) that wants new spending
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 02:48:42 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2023, 02:44:29 am »
You don't read your own posts, do you? happy77

@LMAO

I don't have to because I made them.

What is it you have trouble understanding?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #395 on: November 26, 2023, 02:47:29 am »
@LMAO

What is it you have trouble understanding?

Nothing

Just pointing out your contradiction

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #396 on: November 26, 2023, 02:54:56 am »

You just linked conservatism to the Tea Party, and the tea parties were all about fiscal responsibility.

Trump isn't.  You guys have sold your conservative principles for a guy whose only discernable platform is nativism.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 02:56:30 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2023, 02:59:30 am »
@Hoodat

"Conservatives",of course,being defined as people that hate Trump because he is rich and a braggart.

No, we just hate liberals.  As for Trump:

Being a liberal is never pretty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #398 on: November 26, 2023, 03:34:49 pm »
@the OlLine Rebel link

"Trump" is the family name as well as the corporate name.

What next,whining about Chrysler and Ford being named after the people that started the brands?

I expect this sort of petty  jealousy  BS from the left,but I expect better from people who claim to be conservatives.

I emphasized how the Don makes sure every single thing is named for his family name (him) and the literal size of all lettering for it.

Not petty.  Noticeable.  Emblematic of his self-image.

Chrysler has a whole building…a beautiful one…but it doesn’t have a huge stamp of lettering on it to ensure we know that.  We just know it.  Same with Rockefeller Center.  (BTW, he named his company Standard Oil.)

If Trump made a car he’d be sure the literal badges on it would take up the whole quarter panel.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #399 on: November 26, 2023, 03:43:46 pm »
Is it truly necessary for things to get so ugly in this thread???  :shrug: **nononono*

I was hoping more rules were in place here.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.