Author Topic: McCarthy accused of shoving Republican who helped oust him: 'Cheap shot from behind'  (Read 345 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
McCarthy accused of shoving Republican who helped oust him: 'Cheap shot from behind'

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has been accused of shoving a Republican congressman who helped oust him as House speaker.

In an on-camera interview from the Capitol Hill outdoor steps after the alleged incident, Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tenn., alleged McCarthy came up and took a "cheap shot from behind."

"You don't expect that sort of thing from an adult, certainly not one who was once third in line for the White House," Burchett said.

Burchett told reporters that McCarthy's actions seemed "deliberate."

"I'll take a polygraph test. And have Kevin take a polygraph test," he said. "It was deliberate. It was just a cheap shot by a bully."..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-accused-shoving-republican-helped-oust-him-cheap-shot-from-behind
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gaetz makes ethics complaint against McCarthy over Burchett elbowing accusation
by Emily Brooks - 11/14/23 3:27 PM ET

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) filed a formal ethics complaint against former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) after Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) accused the ex-House leader of elbowing him in a hallway.

“This incident deserves immediate and swift investigation by the Ethics committee,” Gaetz wrote in a letter to House Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest (R-Miss.) and ranking member Susan Wild (D-Pa.) on Tuesday.

“Congress has seen a substantial increase in breaches of decorum unlike anything we have ever seen since the pre-Civil War era.”

McCarthy on Tuesday appeared to bump into Burchett as he passed in a Capitol hallway, which Burchett says was a deliberate elbow to his back.

But McCarthy later told reporters the interaction was not deliberate, and that he was simply moving past Burchett in a small hallway.

“I guess our elbows hit as I walked by,” McCarthy later told reporters, including CNN. “If I would hit somebody, they would I know hit them.”

Gaetz took Burchett’s side.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4309550-gaetz-complaint-mccarthy-elbow-accusation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I have seen Middle School kids behave better than the ass holes we have in congress today.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Tim Burchett went to Congress, and a hockey game broke out ...

////00000////

You didn't see Terry O'Reilly being a whiny bitch like Tim Burchett.

WWE has nothing compared to late 1970s / early 1980s NHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqbzbwXHb0
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have seen Middle School kids behave better than the ass holes we have in congress today.

Some people just never grow the heck up.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.