Author Topic: Massive Army Pacific Joint Wargame Finds "Keys" to Stopping China  (Read 277 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Massive Army Pacific Joint Wargame Finds "Keys" to Stopping China
An advanced US Army-led Joint, International “Pacific Winds” Wargame Focuses on Data Processing
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONNOV 12, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Perhaps an America-class amphibious assault ship in the Pacific launches an F-35B over coastal island areas in the South China Sea .. the F-35 controls “wingman” drones able to conduct high-risk forward surveillance over armed, high-threat enemy areas and targeting specifics are sent to drones with software programmable radios from ground jungles on islands, enabling nearby US Navy warships to fire over-the-horizon missiles at moving ground and surface targets from hundreds of miles away.

These kinds of scenarios are precisely what an advanced US Army-led Joint, International “Pacific Winds” Wargame explored in depth during its United Pacific Wargame Series 2023. The in depth analysis, which included computer simulations, combat scenarios and extensive assessments of networking and data processing technologies, was an intelligence-focused exercise to analyze critical developments, tactics and technologies “prior” to the start of full combat. The phase of war is of course critical as it is where ISR, threat detection, information processing and targeting accuracy determine subsequent outcomes.

"Seeing" Chinese Attacks Before They Happen

The wargame is described in an Army essay as providing “Intelligence Support to Indication and Warnings (I&W) and Joint Targeting." For instance, should China contemplate a surprise air, ballistic missile or amphibious assault on Taiwan, early surveillance of launched weapons, force formations or fighter jet proximity could all potentially be identified "prior" to combat by satellites, drones, ground sensors, surface ships and air platforms .... giving war commanders an improved time window within which to determine an optimal counterattack or defensive strategy.

https://warriormaven.com/land/massive-army-pacific-joint-wargame-finds-keys-to-stopping-china
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson