Author Topic: 5 Special Operators killed in training accident Friday identified  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
5 Special Operators killed in training accident Friday identified
By
Tessa Robinson
Nov 13, 2023

Faces of five Night Stalkers killed in training accident with unit logo shown.
Night Stalkers Don’t Quit!
SUMMARY
Department of Defense has released the names of the five Special Operators killed in a training accident on Friday. Never forget.

In an unimaginable tragedy over Veterans Day weekend, five Special Operators were killed in a training accident while refueling over the Mediterranean Sea. According to the Department of Defense, there are no indications the crash was caused by enemy / hostile actions. The MH-60 Blackhawk was conducting aerial refueling training when the aircraft experienced an in-flight emergency, resulting in the crash.

Earlier today, Department of Defense officials identified the service members as Chief Warrant Officer 3 Stephen R. Dwyer, 38, of Clarksville, Tennessee; Chief Warrant Officer 2 Shane M. Barnes, 34, of Sacramento, California; Staff Sgt. Tanner W. Grone, 26, of Gorham, New Hampshire; Sgt. Andrew P. Southard, 27, of Apache Junction, Arizona; and Sgt. Cade M. Wolfe, 24, of Mankato, Minnesota. The men were part of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), a special operations force of the United States Army that provides helicopter aviation support for special operations forces, also known as the Night Stalkers.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/military-news/night-stalkers-training-accident/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson