Author Topic: Sentinel ICBM program ‘struggling’ with ‘unknown unknowns’: Kendall  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sentinel ICBM program ‘struggling’ with ‘unknown unknowns’: Kendall

Kendall also expressed concern about the effects of a likely continuing resolution on key programs, including the Advanced Battle Management System and the Joint Advanced Tactical Missile.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on November 13, 2023 at 5:15 PM

US Air Force artist’s rendering of the Sentinel in flight. (Credit: US Air Force)

WASHINGTON — Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall said today he is “nervous” about unforeseen challenges in the $96 billion LGM-35A Sentinel program to develop a next-generation nuclear missile that will push up costs — with the service now assessing what changes may be required.

“Sentinel, I think, is quite honestly struggling a little bit. There are unknown unknowns that are surfacing … in the program and that the department is gonna have to work its way through,” he told the Center for a New American Security.

Air Force leaders for some time have been raising red flags about a possible delay in the program, with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) in June finding that a year delay was likely. Up to now, however, service officials have asserted that it still will be possible for it to meet the 2030 deadline for initial operational capability.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/11/sentinel-icbm-program-struggling-with-unknown-unknowns-kendall/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Imagine that!  Another piece of crap missile program. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson