Author Topic: As Funding Deadline Looms, Air Force Warns of Major Impacts from Another Stopgap  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As Funding Deadline Looms, Air Force Warns of Major Impacts from Another Stopgap
Nov. 13, 2023 | By Chris Gordon

As Congress barrels toward another government funding deadline, the Department of the Air Force has prepared a sobering assessment of how a continuing resolution would hurt modernization and undermine readiness.

The government is only funded through Nov. 17, and Congress looks unlikely to pass a full budget. Instead, it is expected to pass a temporary extension, known as a continuing resolution (CR), which keeps the government open at the previous year’s funding levels.

“Any length of CR impacts DAF readiness, hinders acceleration of the Space Force, delays military construction (MILCON) projects, reduces aircraft availability, and curbs modernization in our race for technological superiority,” according to an unclassified Department of the Air Force document obtained by Air & Space Forces Magazine.

Most prominently, continuing resolutions do not allow so-called new-starts, which are programs not authorized under the prior year’s budget.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-funding-deadline-stopgap-impacts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson