Author Topic: 4 more attacks against US troops since latest airstrikes in Syria  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
4 more attacks against US troops since latest airstrikes in Syria
The United States and Iran continue to fight a proxy war in Iraq and Syria.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED NOV 13, 2023 1:08 PM EST

An escalating series of  U.S. military airstrikes against sites linked to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or IRGC, in Syria, have failed to stop further attacks against American forces in the region.

The Pentagon announced on Sunday that it had attacked a training facility and a safe house in Syria in response to a surge in drone and rocket attacks against U.S. troops since Oct. 17. That strike followed a hit on an ammo dump just days before.

Militias associated with the IRGC had been using the safehouse as a headquarters, and some of their members may have been killed by Sunday’s airstrike on the building, according to the Washington Post, which cited an unnamed senior defense official.

Since both U.S. airstrikes on Sunday, American troops in Syria have been attacked four additional times, a defense official told Task & Purpose. Three of those attacks occurred on Sunday and the most recent attack took place on Monday, Eastern Standard Time.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-attacks-syria/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: 4 more attacks against US troops since latest airstrikes in Syria
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 06:17:52 pm »
I so wish we had a competent CIC and military leaders.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.