Author Topic: Freedom Caucus announces opposition to Speaker Johnson stopgap plan  (Read 557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Freedom Caucus announces opposition to Speaker Johnson stopgap plan
by Emily Brooks - 11/14/23 8:30 AM ET

The House Freedom Caucus took an official position against House Speaker Mike Johnson’s (R-La.) plan to avert a government shutdown, which he will aim to pass with support from Democrats on Tuesday.

“The House Freedom Caucus opposes the proposed ‘clean’ Continuing Resolution as it contains no spending reductions, no border security, and not a single meaningful win for the American People,” the group said in its position statement, released Tuesday morning. “Republicans must stop negotiating against ourselves over fears of what the Senate may do with the promise ‘roll over today and we’ll fight tomorrow.'”

“While we remain committed to working with Speaker Johnson, we need bold change,” the Freedom Caucus added.

The position was unveiled after Johnson reportedly met with the House Freedom Caucus on Monday night, a highly unusual move for a Republican Speaker or party leader. But many of its members publicly expressed opposition to the bill, disappointed that it does not include spending cuts or attempt to extract conservative policy concessions from Democrats and the White House.

It also comes after GOP leaders announced Monday night that they will seek to fast-track the bill through a floor vote in order to avoid being torpedoed based on Republican opposition. But that will require support from two-thirds of the whole House, meaning relying on support from dozens of Democrats.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4308511-freedom-caucus-opposition-speaker-johnson-stopgap-plan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Freedom Caucus announces opposition to Speaker Johnson stopgap plan
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 05:44:58 pm »
The clown caucus at it again
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 06:00:44 pm »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 06:03:08 pm »
These people are pissing me off. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 07:51:20 pm »
From my new congressman (Morgan Lutrell):

“no suspension of rules, no CR, no gun grab, no extension of farm bill. I’m okay with a government shutdown. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!”

I'm good with that!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 09:41:09 pm »
I'm not going to say I told you so....

But I told you so.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 11:47:46 pm »
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 06:54:04 pm »
Johnson seems like a decent conservative, but he's already a target of the arson caucus.  These people want a government shutdown.

After this poor guy is dispatched, we may finally get a coalition government led by a genuine RINO. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 07:02:11 pm »
The Crazy Caucus is going to push the House into a power-sharing arrangement that will favor Dems.  Those nitwits need to be primaried.

The constant state of crisis plays right into the Dems' hands.  Every few weeks, a sane, sober appropriations process has to be shelved to p!$$ on the fire of the day.

GOP House in crisis favors Dems and enables their fiscal largesse.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 09:37:07 pm »
The Crazy Caucus is going to push the House into a power-sharing arrangement that will favor Dems.  Those nitwits need to be primaried.

The constant state of crisis plays right into the Dems' hands.  Every few weeks, a sane, sober appropriations process has to be shelved to p!$$ on the fire of the day.

GOP House in crisis favors Dems and enables their fiscal largesse.

Yup.

If we want more conservative legislation to come out of Congress, then we have to actually elect more conservatives. There is no shortcut or alternative to that reality.