Author Topic: Internal State Dept. memo blasts Biden, U.S. policy on Israel-Hamas war  (Read 1131 times)

Offline mountaineer

Scoop: Internal State Dept. memo blasts Biden, U.S. policy on Israel-Hamas war
Hans Nichols
Nov. 13, 2023
AXIOS
An internal State Department dissent memo accuses President Biden of "spreading misinformation" on the Israel-Hamas war and alleges that Israel is committing "war crimes" in Gaza, according to a copy of the memo obtained by Axios.

Why it matters: The scathing five-page memo — organized by a junior diplomat who has suggested on social media that Biden's support of Israel has made him "complicit in genocide" in Gaza — offers a rare look at the raw divisions within the Biden administration over the Israel-Hamas war.

*The memo — signed by 100 State Department and USAID employees — urges senior U.S. officials to reassess their policy toward Israel and demand a ceasefire in Gaza, where more than 11,000 Palestinians have been killed in the war, according to Gaza's Hamas-controlled health ministry.
    *Some of the memo's language echoes that of progressive activists in the U.S., whose anger and protests over Biden's handling of the war have rippled through the Democratic Party — and created a new challenge for the president's 2024 campaign.
    *Without offering a specific example, the memo accuses Biden of "spreading misinformation in his Oct. 10 speech" supporting Israel, one of the signature addresses of his presidency.
    *The memo also said that "we strongly recommend that the (U.S. government) advocate for the release of hostages by both Hamas and (Israel)" — citing the "thousands" of Palestinians being held in Israel, including those "without charge."  ...
That's just dandy. State Dept. idiots are pro-Islamoterrorism. Who's surprised?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Internal State Dept. memo blasts Biden, U.S. policy on Israel-Hamas war
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 04:02:30 pm »
One of my gripes about George W. Bush was his failure to clean house of the commies and Islamophiles at the State Dept., post-Clinton. I guess he didn't care.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 04:16:01 pm »
Is it a war crime for Hamas to intentionally place military installations in/under/around hospitals, schools, mosques, churches, UN aid facilities, and apartment buildings?

Is it a war crime for Hamas to use civilian ambulances to transport military personnel and materiel?

Is it a war crime for Hamas to murder, rape, and abduct unarmed civilians?

Is it a war crime for Hamas use civilians and kidnap victims as human shields?

I weep not for Hamas, for they are the aggressors.  Let Gaza burn.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:23:21 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 04:41:39 pm »
Our State Dept doesn't care one bit about our 50 States.  We should have cleaned house after benghazi.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 06:21:02 pm »
One of my gripes about George W. Bush was his failure to clean house of the commies and Islamophiles at the State Dept., post-Clinton. I guess he didn't care.

How many are protected by their civil service status?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 07:21:41 pm »
Scoop: Internal State Dept. memo blasts Biden, U.S. policy on Israel-Hamas war
Hans Nichols
Nov. 13, 2023
AXIOS That's just dandy. State Dept. idiots are pro-Islamoterrorism. Who's surprised?

Not me! I've been screaming that those people are the enemy within for ages!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 08:23:48 pm »
How many are protected by their civil service status?
A good many. But he should have gotten rid of all of the appointees who weren't protected.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 08:44:01 pm »
A good many. But he should have gotten rid of all of the appointees who weren't protected.

You make a great point. The Pub party has been a go along get along party for way to long.  Bush was just as much as an Establishment Loyalist as the Rats.

If we have an POTUS who is really committed to reforming the State Dept in 2025 they can deal with employees that can't be fired by eliminating whole sections of the Dept. Solid American Patriots can always be transferred to other sections prior to eliminating a section. I think it would only take the elimination of one or two sections for other employees to get with the new program.

The govt should work for us not us serving them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 10:19:05 pm »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 10:31:29 pm »

That is why I consider him to be one of the worst presidents we ever had. I can't stand his ass.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 10:41:19 pm »
That is why I consider him to be one of the worst presidents we ever had. I can't stand his ass.

You'll get no argument from me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 11:47:32 pm »
The author of this memo should be
1. put under guard
2. told to clean out his desk
3. promptly shown the door
and then
4. barred from any civil service position in government again.

Offline libertybele

Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 01:57:44 am »

He is the only president I've ever personally known (when he was running for, and serving as, Texas Governor). I had high hopes for him back then but completely agree with you now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 02:29:16 pm »
Biden officials rebel against president on Israel-Hamas war, sign dissent letter
Hundreds of anonymous Biden administration officials are demanding a cease-fire in Gaza
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published November 14, 2023 9:11am EST

Four hundred government officials from 40 departments and agencies within President Biden's administration signed a letter opposing the president's handling of the Israel-Hamas war and demanded a cease-fire.

The Tuesday letter, first reported by the New York Times, includes officials from the State Department, White House, National Security Council and the Justice Department. The signatories of the letter remained anonymous to protect against professional retaliation.

"We call on President Biden to urgently demand a cease-fire; and to call for de-escalation of the current conflict by securing the immediate release of the Israeli hostages and arbitrarily detained Palestinians; the restoration of water, fuel, electricity and other basic services; and the passage of adequate humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip," the letter reads, in part.

Biden and other Western leaders have pushed back on calls for a cease-fire in Gaza, arguing it would only serve to benefit Hamas terrorists. Biden's administration has instead pushed for humanitarian pauses in the fighting, which Israel has agreed to.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-officials-rebel-president-israel-hamas-war-sign-dissent-letter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mod2

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 04:09:02 pm »
Merged threads