Author Topic: Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Surge in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago  (Read 266 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Surge in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago
« on: December 25, 2023, 10:38:46 am »

Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Surge in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago
Story by GistFest  •
1d

The recent influx of migrants to Chicago’s many shelters and parks is having public health implications. Health officials have been able to isolate an impending outbreak of chickenpox in the city.

Local health officials were confident about this submission thanks to nearly two decades of chickenpox records. According to a recent report by a local TV station, there is a sharp increase in chickenpox cases in Chicago. The report used data from 2005 through 2023, made available by the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH).

The CDPH reported an average of 53 yearly cases of chickenpox between 2005 and 2022. However, the numbers have gone through the roof in 2023. There are reports of almost 400 cases of infectious chickenpox have been reported this year alone. Interestingly, there may still be some cases before the year ends.

The first suspect in this sudden outbreak of chickenpox is the large number of immigrants daily arriving in Chicago. Usually, the disease is not a public health issue in Chicago, as most locals are vaccinated.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/unvaccinated-migrants-fuel-surge-in-chickenpox-cases-in-chicago/ar-AA1lWnye?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c1c16eee1d044ba8884177a126835962&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Unvaccinated Migrants Fuel Surge in Chickenpox Cases in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 10:40:35 am »
What a nice little epidemic democrats have gotten for Chicago.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson