Author Topic: Video: Veteran charged for prayer ‘thoughtcrime’  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Video: Veteran charged for prayer ‘thoughtcrime’
« on: November 12, 2023, 06:45:36 pm »

Video: Veteran charged for prayer ‘thoughtcrime’
Flag of the United Kingdom (Unsplash)
NOVEMBER 10, 2023 TIMOTHY FRUDD

Former British Army Reservist Adam Smith-Connor is preparing to face criminal charges next week for committing “thoughtcrimes” while quietly praying near an abortion clinic location in the U.K. last November.

Body camera footage from last November allegedly shows British police approaching Smith-Connor and questioning the “nature” of his prayers near the British Pregnancy Advisory Service abortion clinic in Bournemouth, England. When Smith-Connor answered that he was praying for his dead son and for people making decisions about abortions, he was given a notice with a penalty fine of £100.

According to The Daily Mail, Smith-Connor’s fine allegedly said that the British Army veteran was being charged for “praying for his deceased son” due to a Public Spaces Protection Order. In the video footage, the British police claimed that Smith-Connor was in violation of a Public Spaces Protection Order due to praying near the abortion clinic.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/11/video-veteran-charged-for-prayer-thoughtcrime/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Video: Veteran charged for prayer ‘thoughtcrime’
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 06:46:53 pm »
Count on it, coming soon to an America near you. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson