Author Topic: U.S. Coast Guard formally establishes Base Guam  (Read 280 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Coast Guard formally establishes Base Guam
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:14:31 pm »
U.S. Coast Guard formally establishes Base Guam
Posted on November 8, 2023 by Seapower Staff

Release from U.S. Coast Guard Base Guam

Nov. 7, 2023

SANTA RITA, Guam — The U.S. Coast Guard is proud to announce the establishment of U.S. Coast Guard Base Guam on Nov. 8, 2023, in a ceremony presided over by Rear Adm. Carola List, commander of Operational Logistics Command. 

Led by Cmdr. Dana Hiatt, Base Guam, will be pivotal toward enhancing the U.S. Coast Guard’s mission support logistics in the region. This strategic move aligns with the Service’s commitment to increase mission support throughout Oceania. Given Guam’s vital importance to national security, this initiative takes center stage. 

The establishment of Base Guam is part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 and expands the U.S. Coast Guard’s mission support in the Indo-Pacific region. The establishment will shift current facilities engineering, naval engineering, comptroller and base operations, health, safety, and work life, personnel support, information technology, and procurement billets and responsibility from the existing U.S. Coast Guard Forces Micronesia/Sector Guam to a new Base Guam command structure. The establishment of Base Guam will consist of 17 additional personnel billets and will rely on the realignment of existing elements to provide logistical efficiencies improving U.S. Coast Guard mission support on Guam. 

https://seapowermagazine.org/u-s-coast-guard-formally-establishes-base-guam/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Coast Guard formally establishes Base Guam
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 03:15:25 pm »
Hey, is that the wife of Santa Claus in the Middle of the picture? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson