Author Topic: House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Elise Stefanik wants to prohibit universities enabling ‘antis  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Elise Stefanik wants to prohibit universities enabling ‘antisemitism’ from collecting taxpayer money.

Harvard grad: 'Terrifying' it's become acceptable under guise of free speech to speak out against Jews

A top Republican wants to prohibit Harvard and other universities allowing 'antisemitism' to go unchecked on their campuses from collecting large sums of taxpayer money.

Harvard and other elite schools have faced scrutiny over rising antisemitic events unfolding on their campuses and their lackluster response to the incidents in the wake of Hamas' bloody onslaught on Israelis and their subsequent counter-response.

House GOP conference chair Elise Stefanik, a Harvard graduate herself, is now calling for tightening the taxpayer valve on her alma mater and other higher educational institutions and said House Republicans intend to hold them accountable.

"It is abhorrent that Harvard and universities across America are enabling horrific antisemitism to run rampant on their campuses," Stefanik told Fox News Digital. "U.S. taxpayer dollars should be prohibited from funding any institution that promotes antisemitism or anti-Israel bigotry, and House Republicans will hold these extremist institutions accountable for failing their students."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/top-republican-wants-to-ban-universities-enabling-antisemitism-from-collecting-taxpayer-cash-abhorrent/ar-AA1jLu2H?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=2983023fcaf04db08e8c0f67bfd5b923&ei=52
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
However, it is perfectly acceptable for members of the politburo (congress) to do the same? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson