Author Topic: Biden: The US will spend $42B for Internet access  (Read 344 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden: The US will spend $42B for Internet access
« on: November 11, 2023, 12:44:40 pm »
Biden: The US will spend $42B for Internet access
© Anna Moneymaker / Getty Images

The definition of “Bidenomics” has expanded to include a new concept: universal internet access.

Over the summer, President Joe Biden announced a new program that aims to deploy $42 billion to get “every person in America” online by 2030. The Broadband Equity Access and Deployment (BEAD) Program was designed to bridge the digital divide and states are currently working on plans to distribute these funds.

In his remarks at a White House briefing announcing the program, Biden called access to the internet “just as important as electricity or water.”

The program was authorized by the Biden administration’s $1 trillion 2021 infrastructure package. Funding is going to all 50 states, with the two most populous states, California and Texas, receiving the largest sums. States with large rural areas that lack connectivity (such as Virginia, Alabama and Louisiana) are also among those receiving top-level funding.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/just-as-important-as-electricity-or-water-biden-says-country-will-spend-42-billion-to-give-every-person-in-america-access-to-the-internet-by-2030-3-stocks-to-pounce-on-now/ar-AA1jIdhd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=77f7fed60dde4e7f90d54364b41b78ab&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden: The US will spend $42B for Internet access
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 12:48:38 pm »

Over the summer, President Joe Biden announced a new program that aims to deploy $42 billion to get “every person in America” online by 2030. 

every person in America

What this really means is every illegal alien.  Just another thing working Americans will have to pay to have illegal aliens. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson