Author Topic: Nuclear stealth bomber, the B-21 Raider, takes first test flight  (Read 269 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nuclear stealth bomber, the B-21 Raider, takes first test flight
« on: November 11, 2023, 02:28:43 pm »
Nuclear stealth bomber, the B-21 Raider, takes first test flight
By Tara Copp, AP
 Nov 10, 11:47 AM

The initial B-21 Raider stealth bomber is expected to have its first flight at some point in 2023, the Air Force and Northrop Grumman said. But in a Wednesday discussion, Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall said the expected date of the bomber's first flight had slipped a few months. (U.S. Air Force)
The B-21 Raider took its first test flight on Friday, moving the futuristic warplane closer to becoming the nation’s next nuclear weapons stealth bomber.

The Raider flew in Palmdale, California, where it has been under testing and development by Northrop Grumman.

The Air Force is planning to build 100 of the warplanes, which have a flying wing shape much like their predecessor the B-2 Spirit but will incorporate advanced materials, propulsion and stealth technology to make them more survivable in a future conflict. The plane is planned to be produced in variants with and without pilots.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/11/10/nuclear-stealth-bomber-the-b-21-raider-takes-first-test-flight/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson