Author Topic: J.D. Vance on Ohio Abortion Amendment Passage: ‘We’ve Fallen Behind on the Moral Argument’  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
J.D. Vance on Ohio Abortion Amendment Passage: ‘We’ve Fallen Behind on the Moral Argument’

Katherine Hamilton10 Nov 202314
4:39

Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance (R) took to X to reflect on Tuesday’s crushing loss for the pro-life movement, when Ohioans voted to pass Issue 1 and codify the “right” to abortion in their state Constitution.

“For pro lifers, last night was a gut punch. No sugar coating it,” Vance wrote. “Giving up on the unborn is not an option. It’s politically dumb and morally repugnant. Instead, we need to understand why we lost this battle so we can win the war.”

Vance, who was “very involved” in the “no” campaign for Issue 1, laid out five insights into why he thinks Ohioans voted to pass the abortion amendment.

“First, we got creamed among voters who disliked both Issue 1 and also Ohio’s current law (heartbeat bill). We saw this consistently in polling and in conversations. ‘I don’t like Issue 1, but I’d rather have that extreme than the other extreme.’ This is a political fact, not my opinion,” he said.

“Second, we have to recognize how much voters mistrust us (meaning elected Republicans) on this issue,” he continued. “Having an unplanned pregnancy is scary. Best case, you’re looking at social scorn and thousands of dollars of unexpected medical bills. We need people to see us as the pro-life party, not just the anti-abortion party”:

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1722311695140298978

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/10/j-d-vance-ohio-abortion-amendment-passage-weve-fallen-behind-moral-argument/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Vance has been a pleasant surprise. I read his book, "Hillbilly Elegy," quite a while before he ever ran for office, and was moved by it. But I was afraid he'd end up a squishy moderate like Mike DeWine. I was wrong.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It would be helpful to allow exceptions for rape, incest, health of the mother, and unviable pregnancies.

Forcing a woman to wait until she is in sepsis before she can get medical assistance to terminate a failing pregnancy or a miscarriage is inhumane.

Forcing a victim of rape or incest to bear the child of her attacker is cruel.

The "every sperm is sacred" approach to intrusive Government reproductive policy is a loser at the ballot box, and lacks Christian compassion for those in difficult situations.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright