Author Topic: Former Sen. Martha McSally says she was sexually assaulted on Wednesday  (Read 4259 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Former Sen. Martha McSally says she was sexually assaulted on Wednesday
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2023, 08:57:05 pm »
She was an A-10 Pilot, Iraq I believe.

@Cyber Liberty

You don't  get into many fist fights while flying an airplane.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2023, 09:10:22 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

You don't  get into many fist fights while flying an airplane.

I don't know what kind of training A-10 Pilots do.  I assume there is some self defense, for survival in case of a crash.  I tend to agree, however that she does not cut a physically frightening image.  I am not sure there's a point here.  I just know her from meeting her back when she was a US Senator. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2023, 10:31:44 pm »
I don't know what kind of training A-10 Pilots do.  I assume there is some self defense, for survival in case of a crash.  I tend to agree, however that she does not cut a physically frightening image.  I am not sure there's a point here.  I just know her from meeting her back when she was a US Senator.

@Cyber Liberty

IMNSHO,there are VERY few women  who can go one-on-one against  a man,regardless of what  training  they have,other than firearms training. They just don't have the muscle mass or the natural aggression.

Providing of course we are talking about actual men,not metro-sexuals.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2023, 11:13:14 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

IMNSHO,there are VERY few women  who can go one-on-one against  a man,regardless of what  training  they have,other than firearms training. They just don't have the muscle mass or the natural aggression.

Providing of course we are talking about actual men,not metro-sexuals.

Now I know it's an oddity... But there's a sweet little thing that works here as a deputy sheriff... And she got in it with my eldest son, who is also a LEO, and as big and rowdy a redneck boy that ever was... And she tied him up in knots... TWICE.

It ain't likely @sneakypete , but it can happen. happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2023, 01:06:39 am »
Now I know it's an oddity... But there's a sweet little thing that works here as a deputy sheriff... And she got in it with my eldest son, who is also a LEO, and as big and rowdy a redneck boy that ever was... And she tied him up in knots... TWICE.

It ain't likely @sneakypete , but it can happen. happy77

We do know from this story she can discourage a rapist.... :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2023, 03:48:00 am »

That's just a fact.  :beer:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2023, 06:42:50 am »
I guess the grabby fellow from across the state border had enough of town with a Bible college in it... about as white a place as it gets. Perp with a beard was no bum, paid with a credit card. No real detail given on him (Dominic M. Henton) so far, other than he moved around a lot.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2023, 08:12:08 am »

@Cyber Liberty

A  "date rapist",maybe,but not  a "sneak up on them and knock  them out/choke them out" rapist.

There just ain't no such thing as a defense against a surprise attack,and we shouldn't be teaching  women,or anyone else,that there is because they (women,especially) need to be aware at all times that they CAN be vulnerable.

I state this because I have heard too many  damn-fool women brag about not being afraid of rapists/being attacked,because "I can take care of myself".

It's called "situational awareness",and we ALL need to utilize that when out and about,regardless of size,weight,or gender.

Ever seen a 6'6"+ 250+ lb college football player get knocked unconscious with  one punch by a man that was MAYBE 5'6" tall and  175 lbs. I have,and it was a face to face thing after the football player got pushy  and mouthy with the wrong man. The short guy literally had to jump up in the air to knock him out,but that IS what he did.

And to  add insult to injury,he made the big guy  lay on the ground after he regained consciousness and tolerate the little guy giving his army surplus fatigue jacket and boots away to anyone in the crowd standing around who wanted them. This happened outside of the main entrance of a VERY popular dance hall in a resort town on a Saturday night,and there was a large crowd standing around and watching.

I have a feeling he never tried THAT crap with a stranger again.

I also saw a good friend of mine who was a 3rd degree Shorin Ryu karate blackbelt instructor in a Japanese DoJo get knocked  unconscious with  one punch in a bar fight. The problem turned out to be he was "TOO FAST". He was  coming up with  the  3rd block when the guy punching him out finally "got there". He was so used to sparring with other black belts that he just couldn't move "slow enough" to defend himself against someone that slow. Yeah,if he had gone aggressive instead of defensive,he would have won without question,but he didn't really want to hurt that idiot,and paid the price.

We ALL  had a lot of fun the next few days trying to get him to demonstrate that defensive move to us.

You NEVER know who you are facing until it is too late to do anything about it but hope for the best.

Also,NEVER get into a fight to defend yourself. When/if you DO get into a fight,fight to take the other guy out ASAP and using a "take no prisoners attitude".

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:30:59 am by sneakypete »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2023, 01:55:06 pm »
I found a picture of me and Martha McSally.....

You're wearing lifts in your boots aren't you??!?!   wink777

In all seriousness, that's a great picture.   

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2023, 04:00:59 pm »
You're wearing lifts in your boots aren't you??!?!   wink777

LOL!  She's just very short.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2023, 07:42:25 pm »
LOL!  She's just very short.

OH... You're the one on the LEFT!  :whistle: :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2023, 07:49:27 pm »
I found a picture of me and Martha McSally.....

@Cyber Liberty

Great pic!

But I must say...if I saw you in a dark trench coat walking toward me on some dark
cobblestoned street, I'd cross to the other side.     happy77   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2023, 08:53:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Great pic!

But I must say...if I saw you in a dark trench coat walking toward me on some dark
cobblestoned street, I'd cross to the other side.     happy77   :tongue2:

You mean like the coat in your Avatar?  You have much wisdom!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2023, 08:57:14 pm »
This would be a good time to mention I did not support her in her Senate run, and did not vote for her in the Primary.   She was a poor candidate with no chance of winning, and she did lose in the General.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2023, 09:19:05 pm »

@Cyber Liberty You have a kindly face .... McSally looks like one of the wife's best friends, I am good friends with her husband.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....