Author Topic: Senate Democrats bash Omar and Tlaib over Israel comments  (Read 772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats bash Omar and Tlaib over Israel comments
« on: October 19, 2023, 01:23:56 pm »
Israel war: Senate Democrats bash Omar and Tlaib over Israel comments
by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter
October 19, 2023 08:12 AM

Senate Democrats bashed Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) over their comments criticizing Israel.

The two liberal "Squad" members were quick to condemn Israel after an explosion near the Christian Al-Ahli Hospital in Gaza killed or wounded several hundred people. However, footage of the incident appeared to show the blast was not due to an Israeli airstrike but likely the result of a misfired rocket within Gaza. Omar apologized and walked back her statement following the revelations, but Tlaib remained firm. Many Senate Democrats, particularly Jewish Democrats, expressed their rage against the two publicly and privately.

“It’s stunning to me that in the face of our own country’s intelligence that they did not take those statements down,” Sen. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) told Punchbowl News, speaking either before or unaware of Omar's retraction. She also condemned Tlaib and Omar for calling for a ceasefire “rather than criticizing and training their ire and their anger at the terrorist organization that perpetrated this.”

A surprising denunciation came from Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA), who is usually an ally of the pair.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/senate-democrats-bash-omar-tlaib-israel-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Senate Democrats bash Omar and Tlaib over Israel comments
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 03:00:16 pm »
Rep. Ilhan Omar walks back comments blaming Israel for Gaza hospital explosion without apology

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., walked back her comments on social media blaming Israel for the explosion that occurred at a Gaza hospital but stopped short of offering an apology.

Many prominent progressives and members of the media rushed to believe Hamas' claims that an Israeli airstrike was responsible for an attack on the hospital where hundreds of civilians were reportedly killed.

However, both the IDF and the Biden administration have debunked the terrorist group's narrative, saying the explosion came from a misfired rocket from the Islamic Jihad. But not before it sparked international outcry with riots erupting in multiple countries.

"Our office cited an AP report yesterday that the IDF had hit a Baptist hospital in Gaza," Omar wrote Wednesday night. "Since then, the IDF denied responsibility and the US intelligence assessment is that this was not done by Israel. It is a reminder that information is often unreliable and disputed in the fog of war (especially on Twitter where misinformation is rampant). We all have a responsibility to ensure information we are sharing is from credible sources and to acknowledge as new reports come in."

She added, "It is critical that we have a fully independent investigation to determine conclusively who is responsible for this war crime."

Fox News' Joseph A. Wulfsohn contributed to this update.
Posted by Chris Pandolfo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 05:14:44 pm »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 07:13:23 pm »
The fetterlump has astounded us.
On Israel, not all Pennsylvania Democrats showed Fetterman's moral clarity
by Salena Zito, National Political Reporter
October 19, 2023 10:00 AM
Washington Examiner

Democratic Sen. John Fetterman left no doubt where he stood on the war in Israel in a Wednesday post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. In it, Fetterman took aim at fellow western Pennsylvania Democratic Rep. Summer Lee’s insistence that a ceasefire be called. He also forced his in-state Senate colleague Bob Casey, Jr., a Scranton Democrat, to finally take a stand.

“Now is not the time to talk about a ceasefire," Fetterman posted. "We must support Israel in efforts to eliminate the Hamas terrorists who slaughtered innocent men, women, and children. Hamas does not want peace, they want to destroy Israel. We can talk about a ceasefire after Hamas is neutralized.”

The post was a departure from his often glib X account, which regularly focuses on poking fun at Republicans and using crass language to make a point. This time, Fetterman was direct and fearless in taking a stand that is at odds with Lee, who has been vocal in her support for a ceasefire, which is something Casey had remained silent over.

Fetterman also took aim on X at Lee and other Members of Congress for their blind insistence that Israel struck the hospital in Gaza that actually was hit by a misfired Islamic Jihad missile, posting, “It is truly disturbing that Members of Congress rushed to blame Israel for the hospital tragedy in Gaza. Who would take the word of a group that just massacred innocent Israeli civilians over our key ally?”

Dave McCormick, the Pittsburgh Republican who is challenging Casey in next year’s Senate race and often the unflattering brunt of Fetterman’s X posts, praised Fetterman for taking a stand on Israel.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 08:12:41 pm »
I'm living in some alternate universe. :terror: I actually am agreeing with Fetterman.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 08:28:36 pm »
I'm living in some alternate universe. :terror: I actually am agreeing with Fetterman.
Even a severely mentally challenged squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 08:43:45 pm »
 Some things are so counterproductive/murderous/stupid that they SHOULD cross party lines.

If declaring war against a group of people due to their genetics isn't one of those "things",I don't know what it would take to qualify.

BTW,I am NOT Jewish,have never even been to a Jewish place of worship (although I WOULD love to observe the services one day,just to see what they are like.),but will admit to having a Jewish family move in across the street from me when I was maybe 10 years old,and I had several good friends that were Jewish when I was in the army.

BTW-2,WHY is it we never see or hear the "usual suspects" in the Dim Party braying like jackasses when some group of loons verbally or physically  attacks a Protestant house of worship.

Or any OTHER faith,as far as that goes. As long as your faith doesn't have something like a "Kill ALL the Jews/Protestants/Catholics/rape the little girls and boys,etc,etc,etc" clause it it,it should be defended by our government as strongly as the mainstream religions.

We are either a free people with a guarantee to  live our lives in peace as long as we don't threaten or attack an innocent person,or we aren't.

Which is it to be?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 08:46:44 pm »
The fetterlump has astounded us.

On Israel, not all Pennsylvania Democrats showed Fetterman's moral clarity
by Salena Zito, National Political Reporter
October 19, 2023 10:00 AM
Washington Examiner

Democratic Sen. John Fetterman left no doubt where he stood on the war in Israel in a Wednesday post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. In it, Fetterman took aim at fellow western Pennsylvania Democratic Rep. Summer Lee’s insistence that a ceasefire be called. He also forced his in-state Senate colleague Bob Casey, Jr., a Scranton Democrat, to finally take a stand.

“Now is not the time to talk about a ceasefire," Fetterman posted. "We must support Israel in efforts to eliminate the Hamas terrorists who slaughtered innocent men, women, and children. Hamas does not want peace, they want to destroy Israel. We can talk about a ceasefire after Hamas is neutralized.”

"Stunned" to learn something THAT lucid came from that idiot.

I think I need to go lay down for a while.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 08:47:49 pm »
Even a severely mentally challenged squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

@Maj. Bill Martin

ESPECIALLY one foraging around in the DNC.

Hard to NOT find a nut if you are doing that.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 09:42:03 pm »
More surprises from Fetterman. The Dems are going to disown him any moment now.

Senator John Fetterman
@SenFettermanPA
In my front office I have displayed the posters of the innocent Israelis kidnapped by Hamas.
They will stay up until every single person is safely returned home.

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1721996063714807954

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 06:57:19 pm »
John Fetterman Basically Gives the Finger to Hamas Supporters and Terrorist Apologists Can't DEAL (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/10/fetterman-hamas-apologists-big-mad-n2389633#google_vignette

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 07:44:05 pm »

It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, where Girls will be boys and boys will be girls and Fetterman is spot on the Israel issue.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.