Author Topic: Ohio Just the Beginning of Pro-Abortion Activists’ Ballot Measure Crusade  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio Just the Beginning of Pro-Abortion Activists’ Ballot Measure Crusade

Katherine Hamilton 9 Nov 2023

Ohio is the latest state trounced by pro-abortion activists after the fall of Roe v. Wade last year, with voters choosing to codify the “right” to abortion in their state constitution on Tuesday.

After the fall of Roe, which had invented a federal “right” to abortion in the Constitution, abortion was returned to individual states and their elected representatives, changing the nature of the struggle between the pro-life movement and the abortion industry. Pro-abortion organizations and activists, backed by the affiliates of large left-wing organizations like Planned Parenthood and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), have stealthily turned to ballot measures in the hopes of shoring up and even growing the abortion complex in the shift from federal to state power.

And so far, their plan is working — every single abortion-related ballot measure since the fall of Roe has been successful. During the 2022 special elections, Kansans rejected a ballot measure that would have established that the state constitution does not include a right to abortion. During the 2022 midterms, voters in California, Michigan, and Vermont codified abortion into their constitutions. At the same time, voters in Montana rejected a ballot measure that would have given rights to babies born alive in botched abortions. Voters in Kentucky also rejected an amendment similar to the one in Kansas.

Ballot measures are particularly effective as an offensive weapon because they are basically irreversible: they change a state constitution, take precedence over laws passed by state legislatures, and can only be overturned by another ballot measure.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/09/ohio-just-beginning-pro-abortion-activists-ballot-measure-crusade/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Naturally, they will target individual States, or a few at a time, seeking to make abortion the law of the land. They are well backed financially, and can likely come up with enough money to overwhelm advertising to the contrary of their position. There will be well financed astroturf, maybe several 'organizations' in one state, with the same funding source.

Infiltrate. Expose. Disclose. Peel the lid back on murder for hire.
Remember, this is the bunch that called our returning troops (from Vietnam) "Baby killers".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"Ohio Just the Beginning of Pro-Abortion Activists’ Ballot Measure Crusade"

Folks, I put this post up yesterday:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,516963.msg2933615.html#msg2933615
... and nobody commented on it.

Please reread this from it:
===================
A Fishrrman 100% fearless prediction for the future:
Watch for more ballot initiatives on this in 2024, in any or perhaps ALL the states where such initiatives are possible.

The left will get such initiatives onto the ballots, not necessarily so much to effect changes in existing laws, but rather to draw young leftist females to the polls -- who will then provide other votes as needed.

Like the old sayin' goes:
"Power to the people!"

That's just what Dobbs did.
It "gave the power back" to 'em.

====================

Who was right?

Offline LMAO

Punch number one for the GOP next year will be all the state ballot initiatives on abortion

Punch number two will be Trump as the nominee

A leftist dream come true
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Punch number one for the GOP next year will be all the state ballot initiatives on abortion

Punch number two will be Trump as the nominee

Trump as the nominee is only a "punch" to those opposed to incentivizing Republicans and Independents to show up and vote Republican.  Uniparty devotees are deeply worried.

Offline LMAO

Trump as the nominee is only a "punch" to those opposed to incentivizing Republicans and Independents to show up and vote Republican.  Uniparty devotees are deeply worried.

Well, we now have discovered what you  defined as winning…lol

Trump and his endorsed candidates “winning” was once when he got lucky in 2016. Since then, Republicans have been on a losing streak. Fact. Deny that’s the case all you want. But reality doesn’t accommodate your denials

What happens to a coach of a sports team after a while with that kind of losing streak?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 03:24:24 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy