Author Topic: Army recruiting reforms go ‘back to the future’ to fix ongoing crisis  (Read 445 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army recruiting reforms go ‘back to the future’ to fix ongoing crisis
By Davis Winkie
 Nov 8, 09:37 AM

Lt. Gen. Benjamin Freakley and Gen. Robert Cone case the colors of Army Accessions Command, symbolizing its inactivation, at Fort Knox, Kentucky, on January 19, 2012. (Fort Knox/Flickr)
When Congress grilled the Army’s top personnel officer last year about the recruiting crisis, he said that the service planned to tear its hiring enterprise “down to the studs and see what’s out there.” But he may not have known that part of the answer would come from recent history.

Months later, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth tapped that same officer, Lt. Gen. Doug Stitt, to lead a months-long “clean slate” study — if nothing were assumed, how would the Army structure its recruiting and marketing apparatus? Stitt’s team, armed with a reform mandate fueled by an “existential” recruiting crisis, came back with a sweeping array of recommended changes that service leaders largely adopted.

One aspect stood out: a series of organizational moves will likely refashion Recruiting Command into an entity that strongly resembles Accessions Command, a three-star headquarters dismantled in 2012 in order to balance the books amid budget cuts and economic woes.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/recruiting/2023/11/08/army-recruiting-reforms-go-back-to-the-future-to-fix-ongoing-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army recruiting reforms go ‘back to the future’ to fix ongoing crisis
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 04:05:34 pm »
But Secretary Hicks says uniformed influencers are absolutely knocking recruiting out of the ballpark. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 04:15:42 pm »
What young person would want to waste his life and career in an instituion where some dick Senator, like Tommy Tuberville, can withold a deserved promotion earned through decades of hardship and sacrifice?

The Washington DC Ruling Class has insufficient respect and appreciation of how much military personnel sacrifice to serve our nation.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 05:32:34 pm »
I'm sure they want nothing more than to use white patriots as cannon fodder.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 11:00:53 pm »
RINO huffs and snorts:
"What young person would want to waste his life and career in an instituion where some dick Senator, like Tommy Tuberville, can withold a deserved promotion earned through decades of hardship and sacrifice?"

Mr. Tuberville isn't withholding anything (except his "unanimious consent").

All Chuck the Schmuck Schumer has to do is hold a vote on each nominee.
It's that simple.

dfw wrote:
"I'm sure they want nothing more than to use white patriots as cannon fodder."

Sorry, the "white patriots" don't feel in any rush to serve in a LGBTQ military where the colors of the rainbow replace the Stars and Stripes.

Hmmm.... is that a "draft" I feel blowin' in the wind...?