Author Topic: US launches airstrike on Syria site linked to Iranian-backed militants  (Read 321 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US launches airstrike on Syria site linked to Iranian-backed militants
By Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Nov 8, 06:59 PM

The U.S. launched an airstrike on a facility in eastern Syria linked to Iranian-backed militias, in retaliation for what has been a growing number of attacks on bases housing U.S. troops in the region for the past several weeks, the Pentagon said.

The strike by two U.S. F-15 fighter jets was on a weapons storage facility linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

“The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today’s action to make clear that the United States will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a statement.

This is the second time in less than two weeks that the U.S. has bombed facilities used by the militant groups, many operating under the umbrella of the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, which U.S. officials say have carried out at least 40 such attacks since Oct. 17.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/11/08/us-launches-airstrike-on-syria-site-linked-to-iranian-backed-militants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US launches airstrike on Syria site linked to Iranian-backed militants
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 04:01:18 pm »
They did notify the enemy of the coming attack as required by "war equity," didn't they? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: US launches airstrike on Syria site linked to Iranian-backed militants
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »
When do the covert operations to neutralize Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, and Iranian Revolutionary Guard begin?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright