Author Topic: THESE ARE 3 POPULAR MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE NAVY SEALS  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THESE ARE 3 POPULAR MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE NAVY SEALS
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:50:38 pm »
THESE ARE 3 POPULAR MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE NAVY SEALS
SPECIAL OPERATIONS
BY FRUMENTARIUS
NOVEMBER 8, 2023

It has been a bit of a wild ride for the Navy SEAL community since the Global War on Terror kicked off in 2001. That conflict thrust the SEALs – some would say certain members willingly leaped – into a public limelight that was brighter and sometimes harsher than had ever before been experienced by Naval Special Warfare. One result of that increased public notoriety, which has reflected both positively and negatively on the SEALs, has been the growth of certain misconceptions held by the wider public about the Navy SEAL Teams.

The first erroneous view this author has noticed to be held fairly widely is that all Navy SEALs are self-promoting glory hounds. As one who has personally been accused of such behavior, I am well-placed to address this particular misconception. I can say with absolute certainty that the great majority of SEALs, both current and former, in no way seek to glorify their service, promote themselves as some sort of superhuman warrior elite, or even talk publicly at all about their service (again, this author notwithstanding).

Now, do some SEALs write or host podcasts talking about everything from self-improvement to physical fitness to politics to simply “SEAL stuff?” Of course they do. Do some even discuss their involvement in various military operations (as approved by the DoD’s review process)? Again, yes. And sure, there are even some shameless charlatans that exist amongst the community of former SEALs who seek to profit or acquire political power at any cost.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/special-ops/3-popular-misconceptions-about-the-navy-seals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson