Author Topic: Biden 2.0: The US could double its undocumented immigrant population  (Read 371 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden 2.0: The US could double its undocumented immigrant population
BY NOLAN RAPPAPORT, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 11/06/23 8:30 AM ET

This op-ed is part of a series exploring what a second term would look like for either President Biden or former President Trump.

President Biden initially sought to reform our “broken” immigration system through legislative means. On his first day in office, he sent his U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021 to Congress. It would establish numerous immigration benefits, including the largest legalization program in U.S. history, increased opportunities for lawful immigration and humane treatment of migrants at the border.

When this didn’t work, he shifted his focus to administrative actions. This included bypassing the visa system by bringing migrants here through new legal pathways, catch and release at the border and restricting interior enforcement. Apparently, by “broken,” he means that existing law doesn’t permit enough immigrants to come here and subjects the ones here unlawfully to the threat of deportation.

This has caused serious, presumably unanticipated consequences, such as a record-breaking increase in illegal border crossings and an immigration court backlog crisis that can’t be fixed.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4292447-biden-2-0-the-us-could-double-its-undocumented-immigrant-population/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden 2.0: The US could double its undocumented immigrant population
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 03:20:29 pm »
How do we know if we haven't already doubled the number of undocumented immigrants?

No one is counting them, and there is no way to count them because they lack documentation.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden 2.0: The US could double its undocumented immigrant population
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 10:44:30 pm »
Fishrrman "we're almost there" prediction:

By 2030, there will be 50-70 million illegals within the lower 48...