Author Topic: Sen. Mitt Romney not seeking 3rd-party presidential ticket with Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, chief o  (Read 408 times)

Online corbe

Sen. Mitt Romney not seeking 3rd-party presidential ticket with Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, chief of staff says

By Josh Ellis, KSL-TV | Posted - Nov. 10, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.

SALT LAKE CITY — Sen. Mitt Romney is not planning to run for president any time soon.

Romney's chief of staff confirmed to KSL-TV that the 2012 presidential candidate is not planning to appear on a third-party bid in 2024, and Romney was not aware of a "Draft Romney Manchin Committee" filing that was opened with the Federal Elections Commission.

That FEC filing came before Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia announced he would not be running for reelection in 2024. The Associated Press reported that a group was pushing for Manchin to partner with Romney, who is also retiring from the Senate, to seek a third-party presidential bid. That group filed the paperwork to form a formal draft committee on Thursday.

<..snip..>

https://www.ksl.com/article/50784907/sen-mitt-romney-not-seeking-3rd-party-presidential-ticket-with-democratic-sen-joe-manchin-chief-of-staff-says

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
They'd be a 3rd party losing tag team.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.