Author Topic: US Navy Tests StormBreaker Smart Bomb With Super Hornet  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy Tests StormBreaker Smart Bomb With Super Hornet
« on: November 08, 2023, 02:53:13 pm »
US Navy Tests StormBreaker Smart Bomb With Super Hornet
Photo of Rojoef Manuel ROJOEF MANUELNOVEMBER 7, 20231 MINUTE READ

The US Navy has conducted the initial fielding of the StormBreaker “smart” air-to-surface weapon using F/A-18E and F/A-18F Super Hornet multirole combat aircraft.

StormBreaker is a winged precision-guided munition developed by Raytheon to autonomously detect and intercept moving targets in extreme weather conditions.

Previously called the Small Diameter Bomb II, the system uses navigational guidance technologies to effectively neutralize targets.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2023/11/07/us-tests-stormbreaker-super-hornet/?expand_article=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Navy Tests StormBreaker Smart Bomb With Super Hornet
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 02:53:57 pm »
Are they going to give it to Iran to provide military "equity?" :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson