Author Topic: After These Disastrous Polls, We Hope To God Dems Stick With Biden  (Read 425 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After These Disastrous Polls, We Hope To God Dems Stick With Biden
I & I Editorial Board
November 7, 2023

In our decades of experience covering politics, we’ve never seen a poll as devastating to an incumbent president as the one CBS News/YouGov poll published over the weekend. 

The short version is that more voters think they would be better off if Donald Trump returns to the White House than they would if Joe Biden stays there. Think about that for a moment. 

Then there’s the New York Times/Sienna College poll, also published over the weekend, showing that Trump leads Biden in five key swing states, and by wide margins: 10 points in Nevada, 6 points in Georgia, 5 in Arizona and Michigan, and 4 points in Pennsylvania.

The Times poll also found that 59% disapprove of the job Biden is doing as president, and 71% said he was too old, while only 38% said Trump was too old. 

Both polls have sent the mainstream press scrambling to reassure their readers that either the polls don’t mean what they seem, that Biden can “improve his position,” or that, fingers crossed, Trump gets convicted. (The New York Times Monday story carried the headline: “Trump Indictments Haven’t Sunk His Campaign, but a Conviction Might.”)

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2023/11/07/after-these-disastrous-polls-how-long-will-dems-stick-with-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: After These Disastrous Polls, We Hope To God Dems Stick With Biden
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 07:04:02 pm »
I think they're beginning to realize how bad they've screwed themselves.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 07:16:11 pm »
If enough people who voted for Biden are unhappy with him, they could stay home in 2024 and we could have a repeat were Trump squeaks out a win similar to what happened in 2016

I don’t believe that replacing Joe Biden with Michelle Obama would make a difference. Somebody like Whitmer may.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 09:34:15 pm »
Or they will try to take out Trump through lawfare.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 10:14:16 pm »
I think they're beginning to realize how bad they've screwed themselves.

There will always be 30-40% of Dems that will vote for their candidate no mater what.  Even if they are taking it in the shorts.

"It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 11:40:25 pm »
Comrade Briefers, you must realize that The Party starts off with at least 40% of the total popular vote in its corner -- possibly even better, towards 43-44%.

Who among you remembers Mr. Romney's famous "number" back in 2012?
Still applies today.
Might even have picked up by another point or two.