Author Topic: Haley campaign targets DeSantis ahead of debate: ‘These boots are made for lying’  (Read 4357 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw
NEW: Nikki Haley asserts that allowing people to post on social media anonymously is a "national security threat". She promises that as president, she will force "every person on social media" to be "verified by their name."
I am no lawyer but isn't this blatantly unconstitutional? Free speech includes anonymous speech.

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1724524144954380794

@kevindavis007

Here's your candidate numbnuts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw
NEW: Nikki Haley asserts that allowing people to post on social media anonymously is a "national security threat". She promises that as president, she will force "every person on social media" to be "verified by their name."
I am no lawyer but isn't this blatantly unconstitutional? Free speech includes anonymous speech.

Was actually considering her too. Shame.

Online Hoodat

Still waiting for @Right_in_Virginia to back up her claim and quote the lie that Ron DeSantis allegedly told.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw

@mystery-ak So just how much of a pain would that make running this website... even though TBR is a small notch in the blogsphere, getting us peons to do a full-monty would probable spell the death throg of most political sites (IMHO). Fear of some liberals going PC on the whole of the group (and then families) to just be the Nazi's they are would have me looking for more private groups... We could do a signal group but it wouldn't be the same I guess.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak So just how much of a pain would that make running this website... even though TBR is a small notch in the blogsphere, getting us peons to do a full-monty would probable spell the death throg of most political sites (IMHO). Fear of some liberals going PC on the whole of the group (and then families) to just be the Nazi's they are would have me looking for more private groups... We could do a signal group but it wouldn't be the same I guess.

I would guess most people would leave forums and as far as TBR I would poblably shut her down..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Christina Pushaw 🐊 🇺🇸
@ChristinaPushaw

Does that mean all the bots will have to come clean and indicate they are just code?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

I would guess most people would leave forums and as far as TBR I would poblably shut her down..

Sad, but very understandable.  After her statement, how can anyone trust her not to take things even further??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

Maybe it would depend on using a real name to sign up, but then you could use a nom de plume within the forum itself?  I mean, you already pretty much know my real identity based on my email address I used to sign up, right?   :shrug:  Of course, that obviously a slippery slope.

In any case, I would agree that it appears to be unconstitutional on the face of it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Over history, many satirists and political figures wrote works under a nom de plume.

If someone is engagning in criminal behavior, there are legl means to track them down, starting with a search warrant from a judge or a grand jury indictment.

Haley's plan implies that Government, or she, has absolute right to monitor and regulate speech.  Seems to fly in the face of the 1st and 4th Amendments.

The Government does not have an absolute right to the toughts and opinions in my mind and on  my fingertips.

This a sign that Haley, or her hanlder's, are insecure and paranoid.

Leaders rise to the occasion; Politicians use Government to force the unwashed masses to sink to their level.

Who will be Director of Haley's Ministry of Truth?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 03:59:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.