Author Topic: Haley campaign targets DeSantis ahead of debate: ‘These boots are made for lying’  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Haley campaign targets DeSantis ahead of debate: ‘These boots are made for lying’
The Hill, Nov 7, 2023

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley hit competitor Ron DeSantis in a new ad on Tuesday ahead of the third GOP primary debate, labeling the Florida governor a liar and attacking him for his record on fracking and offshore drilling.

The ad, which is titled “These boots are made for lying,” included a clip from a previous debate, during which Haley claimed DeSantis was against fracking and drilling, and DeSantis shook his head, saying “it’s not true.”

Text then appeared on the screen that read, “It is true.” A series of clips were shown that appeared to contradict DeSantis’s denial at the debate, showing him speaking against fracking and drilling.

“At the next debate, expect Ron DeSantis to lie about his record again,” text on the screen read. Later, it said, “On the debate stage, you can’t trust anything he says.”

The ad’s title also serves to remind viewers of rumors that DeSantis wears lifts in his boots, which Haley has previously jabbed him over. The Florida governor has denied doing so.

The attack ad from Haley’s campaign offers a preview into the former South Carolina governor’s strategy heading into the third GOP primary debate, set to be held on Wednesday.

https://thehill.com/elections/4298120-nikki-haley-ron-desantis-2024-gop-primary-ad-boots-are-made-for-lying-fracking-drilling/

"These Boots Are Made For Lying" Video Ad....

https://twitter.com/TeamHaley/status/1721889507803541788

Offline Hoodat

So what was the lie?  And while you're at it, show us the lie that Ted Cruz told.  Been waiting almost 8 years for someone to show me that one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

We have a country in crisis and the only thing MAGAs want to talk about is Ron DeSantis’s boots

Not that I blame them. It’s better to talk about that than the economic and fiscal mess that Donald Trump left behind.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Let's not forget how they bragged about getting Rick Scott's endorsement and then criticized DeSantis for not overturning Rick Scott's red flag laws.  Completely forgetting that Trump supported those very same red flag laws.  Logic on acid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Let's not forget how they bragged about getting Rick Scott's endorsement and then criticized DeSantis for not overturning Rick Scott's red flag laws.  Completely forgetting that Trump supported those very same red flag laws.  Logic on acid.

Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

We have a country in crisis and the only thing MAGAs want to talk about is Ron DeSantis’s boots

This ad is coming from outside MAGA and it's about Ronny's propensity to lie.  He's quite good at it.

Offline Hoodat

This ad is coming from outside MAGA and it's about Ronny's propensity to lie.  He's quite good at it.

Where's the lie?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Time to slam this bitch around her ultra-woke record.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia , where's the lie?

Offline libertybele

I'd like to know as well. Where are the lies???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Then why are you parroting it, since your main MO is all things MAGA?

Apparently Trump has given up on Vivek as the stalking horse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

@Hoodat

So no luck getting an answer on this, eh?

I'd like to know, also

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

We still haven’t got an answer on this

It’s a fair question to a charge that was being made

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We still haven’t got an answer on this

It’s a fair question to a charge that was being made

Much like the babble Tump spews.  Talk first...  think later.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

They’ve learned well from him. I’ll give them that

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Ask Haley ......

You made the charge

The burden is on you to prove your charge

Barry Goldwater

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You made the charge

The burden is on you to prove your charge

RiV couldn't prove the burden of the of a baked bean fart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Except without the 'think later' part.

Offline Hoodat

Ask Haley ......

Haley didn't post this, @Right_in_Virginia .  You did.

So again, where is the lie (other than yours)?

Haley didn't post this, @Right_in_Virginia .  You did

Not my ad .... Watch it and if you if you disagree with her, drop Haley a note.

I report, you decide.  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

Again, your statement:

So where's the lie?

Offline LMAO

So, as usual, you’ve decided to deflect and avoid answering the question

I kind of figured as much

You didn’t simply post Haley’s ad. You provided commentary on it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 03:31:41 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Nope.... you are more likely a paid surrogate operative, with intent of malice.  Big difference.